MY FIRST SILVER RING (and returned to the owner)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I was outside at the Iron Patch doing a little metal detecting a few weeks ago and my sister stopped by. She didn't know I had an MD and started to tell me a story about a little silver ring that her daughter lost between her house and the chicken coop. My niece was about 10 or 12 (23 now) and was wearing her mom's ring which was a little too big for her. She was on her way back to the house after collecting eggs and felt it slip off of her finger and land in the grass. Her and her mom looked for it several times but could never find it. She asked me if I would come over and try to find it. I finally had a nice cool morning and got my yard all mowed so I gave her a call to see if she was going to be around today. She was so I loaded up my parents so they could go for a visit and I grabbed my MD.
After she showed me about where she thought it might be she stuck around for a few minutes and watched me dig a couple of trash targets and then went inside to visit. After about 10 pull tabs and foil out popped this little silver ring. She is very happy to have it back and says my niece will be glad to be out of the doghouse after all these years.

Thanks for looking, HH Charlie

Attachments

• silver ring 002 (Large).jpg
    silver ring 002 (Large).jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 534
  • silver ring 003 (Large).jpg
    silver ring 003 (Large).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 543
  • silver ring 004 (Large).jpg
    silver ring 004 (Large).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 545

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Charlie :o great story and pics also :thumbsup: congrats on finding the ring after all these years :headbang: now go let that girl out of the doghouse will ya ;D congrats :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread