Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mar 2007
    south central ohio
    White's Spectrum XLT
    16 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

My First Class Ring(Returned)

Went to the old High School complex that has been so good to me in the past. I saw that the entire grounds had been mowed, which is a rarity. I decided to hunt the yard behind the old Vocational Agriculture building. This area is used for the annual 4th of July festivities here, and the annual High School Homecoming bonfire etc. I had shot for quarters there in the past and did very well...... I figured I would do that tonight and bump up my year to date clad totals...... I wasn't disappointed...... I hit 17 quarters....30 coins total....... and this nifty sterling class ring..... the girl's name is on the inside and she is still in High School.... class of 2011! My mother in law works there and is going to help me track her down. I would say that it was lost recently, as it was nearly laying on the ground..... very lucky that the mower didnt get it....... I didnt even dig for it.. the pinpointer hit it........ I cant tell if the little diamonds are real or not.... the scan isnt great, but it is the best I can do........ I am stoked! My first thought was of returning it..... I lost mine several years ago, and would love to get it back.......... so it will be returned without fanfare ASAP......... very neat and rewarding hunt..... not a bad night for about 45 mins of hunting......UPDATE>>>>> UPDATE>>> The ring has been returned.... I do not have pix because my mother in law took it to the girl.. due to privacy restrictions they couldnt give me her home address or phone number to take it to her myself... so I had to return it through someone else...the girl was in tears....... it isnt as nice a ring as I thought at first, but it was platinum... the diamonds werent real though... which was odd to have that nice of a band and fake stones..... but according the the jewelery store that is the case.... the girl's mom is a single parent that went beyond her means to get her daughter's ring..... the girl realized this and it made losing it so much worse..... but all is well now........ while I was hoping for a nice reward or hug..... I am glad to know I made someone's day and made right a wrong in her life.... man this hobby is awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

May 2008
    Wilton, Maine
    White's M6

Re: My First Class Ring

Way to go!!! I hope karma is returned to you and your own class ring with it. You are a "class" act, all pun intended. LOL

T.

us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    122 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Very nice find and way to go on returning it. Good coin count too!

DANGLANGLEY
    Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

May 2008
    Chicago
    Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
    2 times

Congrats.... First ring and it's a beauty.
    You're gonna be someones hero.
    Mike

us
    Feb 2005
    Bavaria Germany
    Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
    165 times

Nice hunt and good of you to try and find the owner! I also lost my class ring shortly after I bought it, I know where and even looked for it but no luck. Let us know when you return it and HH, Mike

us
    It Ain't Easy Being Fat And Greasy.

Dec 2007
    Foxboro, Massachussetts
    Ace 250
    2 times

Great job!

The Last of the Truly Free Men.
    Protected By The Constitution.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32265 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Intresting Shaped Class Ring.

Congrats !

us
    Annmarie, better half of RonandAnn ;)

Jun 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Garrett Ace 250
    40 times

Congrats on your first class ring!!

I found my first (and only one) in 2006 and the owner was a young lady who wasn't scheduled to graduate until 2007 from one of our local schools. The school was helpful and I was able to return it.

I know that will be one happy young lady (remembering how happy my young lady was to get hers back, as well as her Dad, as those rings are far from CHEAP!!!).

Again, Congrats!!!
    Illustrator Draftsman Second Class, Enlisted Surface Warfare, U.S. Navy (Retired), Mom of 3, Troop 65 Committee Member, Genealogist 35+ yrs

Mar 2007
    south central ohio
    White's Spectrum XLT
    16 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

yeah Jeff..... I thought that too..... they make them so differently today than when I was in school..... it has 6 small "diamond" like stones.... they might be real...... I will be very curious to learn about what it is made of and what was paid for it........ hoping to find more out today about the girl......

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32265 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I could be wrong
    But wonder if She was the Type that didn't like The Options the school Had &
    went to a Private Jeweler.
    If So they were Probably Well Off,
    Or she at least paid Twice as Much to have it made.

Could be Very Important to her.

Good Luck !

Jeff

Beautiful ring! I know she'll be a happy one to get it back!

Fantastic find and a fantastic person to offer it back! 8)

Good luck!

Nana

us
    Oct 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Minelab Xterra 705
    6 times
    Metal Detecting

About lack of fanfare when returning it, remember that "we" require photos and what she said when she got it back!

Excellent day MDing when you find more quarters than pennies, AND a ring.

Born Free

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    134 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Wow, I've never seen that style of class ring before. Usually they are kinda' generic. Some little lady will be happy. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    Oct 2006
    2570 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

good luck on the return

mx
    May 2007
    Good 'Ol USA /
    Garrett Ace 250 of course
    4 times

That is a beauty of a class ring. It would make a nice keeper but it sounds like it will be a easy return. Good on you for doing the right thing. I have a Nuns ring from 1969 that I have had no success returning.
    HH, S_F
    CRH TOTAL? That’s just a number and mines UNLISTED.

Swing and dig folks, swing and dig, because according to the late, great Mel Fisher, TODAY COULD BE THE DAY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links