My First Class Ring(Returned)

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Went to the old High School complex that has been so good to me in the past. I saw that the entire grounds had been mowed, which is a rarity. I decided to hunt the yard behind the old Vocational Agriculture building. This area is used for the annual 4th of July festivities here, and the annual High School Homecoming bonfire etc. I had shot for quarters there in the past and did very well...... I figured I would do that tonight and bump up my year to date clad totals...... I wasn't disappointed...... I hit 17 quarters....30 coins total....... and this nifty sterling class ring..... the girl's name is on the inside and she is still in High School.... class of 2011! My mother in law works there and is going to help me track her down. I would say that it was lost recently, as it was nearly laying on the ground..... very lucky that the mower didnt get it....... I didnt even dig for it.. the pinpointer hit it........ I cant tell if the little diamonds are real or not.... the scan isnt great, but it is the best I can do........ I am stoked! My first thought was of returning it..... I lost mine several years ago, and would love to get it back.......... so it will be returned without fanfare ASAP......... very neat and rewarding hunt..... not a bad night for about 45 mins of hunting......UPDATE>>>>> UPDATE>>> The ring has been returned.... I do not have pix because my mother in law took it to the girl.. due to privacy restrictions they couldnt give me her home address or phone number to take it to her myself... so I had to return it through someone else...the girl was in tears....... it isnt as nice a ring as I thought at first, but it was platinum... the diamonds werent real though... which was odd to have that nice of a band and fake stones..... but according the the jewelery store that is the case.... the girl's mom is a single parent that went beyond her means to get her daughter's ring..... the girl realized this and it made losing it so much worse..... but all is well now........ while I was hoping for a nice reward or hug..... I am glad to know I made someone's day and made right a wrong in her life.... man this hobby is awesome!

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,004

tford62

May 1, 2008
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Re: My First Class Ring

Way to go!!! I hope karma is returned to you and your own class ring with it. You are a "class" act, all pun intended. LOL

T.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice find and way to go on returning it. Good coin count too!

DANGLANGLEY

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

Congrats.... First ring and it's a beauty. :thumbsup:
You're gonna be someones hero.
Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt and good of you to try and find the owner! I also lost my class ring shortly after I bought it, I know where and even looked for it but no luck. Let us know when you return it and HH, Mike

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Intresting Shaped Class Ring.

Congrats !

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Congrats on your first class ring!!

I found my first (and only one) in 2006 and the owner was a young lady who wasn't scheduled to graduate until 2007 from one of our local schools. The school was helpful and I was able to return it.

I know that will be one happy young lady (remembering how happy my young lady was to get hers back, as well as her Dad, as those rings are far from CHEAP!!!).

Again, Congrats!!!

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

yeah Jeff..... I thought that too..... they make them so differently today than when I was in school..... it has 6 small "diamond" like stones.... they might be real...... I will be very curious to learn about what it is made of and what was paid for it........ hoping to find more out today about the girl......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I could be wrong
But wonder if She was the Type that didn't like The Options the school Had &
went to a Private Jeweler.
If So they were Probably Well Off,
Or she at least paid Twice as Much to have it made.

Could be Very Important to her.

Good Luck !

Jeff

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful ring! I know she'll be a happy one to get it back! :icon_queen:

Fantastic find and a fantastic person to offer it back! 8)

Good luck!

Nana :)

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

About lack of fanfare when returning it, remember that "we" require photos and what she said when she got it back!

Excellent day MDing when you find more quarters than pennies, AND a ring.

Born Free

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow, I've never seen that style of class ring before. Usually they are kinda' generic. Some little lady will be happy. Monty

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

good luck on the return :thumbsup:

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course

That is a beauty of a class ring. It would make a nice keeper but it sounds like it will be a easy return. Good on you for doing the right thing. I have a Nuns ring from 1969 that I have had no success returning.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Randy,

You can give up selling whites detectors if you find more rings like that...lol

Congrats and I emailed Whiotes about my two pin pointers going out.

Terry
SKD

T

trish76642

Your a good man Minton7. Even though you have never met her, she will remember you for the rest of her life. That i can guarantee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread