Quick, simple Gold And Silver home test using face powder

RyanOShea

Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a simple little trick to help you get an idea if a find you made is gold or silver if you are unsure, or unable to locate any markings.
Take note, this is not a means to test the item by karat. This will just tell you simply if the item is gold, silver or even gold plated. I do this with iffy things I have dug. If they pass this test. I can then burn some gas and take it to the shop to be tested.
I learned this by just hearing woman complain about how their gold and silver jewelry leaves black marks on their cover up products. So, I started using face powder as a means to get an idea of items since I dont have a scratch acid kit.
It works.

BloodyBelle

Aug 22, 2010
Oh you are good!

BUT--we talking face POWDER or any "foundation?" e.g. creamy compact; liquid; dry or wet type with sponge?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
First, we know you're not pimpin' makeup, so tell us which brand you use!
Second, do I have to use my wrist? It'd be way cooler to flex my freshly powdered bicep and rub gold jewelry there.
Third, do you have any pointers about how to get close enough to women to hear them discussing makeup? I'm not so good at that. :(

prodrigsr

Mar 12, 2008
South Texas
Detector(s) used
CZ6a and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So when the wife finds some face powder in my glove compartment I can just say it is for testing my "gold" finds?? Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread