$20 came back to me. :)

mac762

Nov 18, 2007
Last week I knew my checking account was getting low and I wanted to make sure I didn't end up embarrassed in line at the store, so I went to my banks only ATM to check my balance (it's free to memebers).
I look down in the slot and there's a $20 bill just laying there. I snatched it up and their reciept was still hanging out of the machine. They'd took out around $180 I thought, easy I can just take it up to the bank and they can figure out who's it is.
I checked my account and I didn't even have enough to get any out, but I did have some to get what I needed for the couple days till pay day. :)
I went to the bank and the person who took the money didn't belong to my bank but the chick at the counter said they'd try and find them.
Today I went to transfer some of my funds at my bank and the lady pulled out a $20 for me. She said it turns out they couldn't track it so it's mine. The $20 is really gonna help me out this week.

I found $3 by the curb taking the mail to the Post Office just a week before and about a month before that I found a $20 in the grass that my boss had just passed over. (Funny thing was we were both looking at the ground looking for something. He missed it. :)
In the same week that I found the $20 the office girl found a $100 bill in the cart at Walmart. Two days later we were in line at the McDonalds drive through. My Sister dropped her change and the girl told her that she'd get her some more and don't worry about it. My Sister says, "That's alright" and opened the door to get the change off the ground. She pulled a bank envelope back into the car that had 3 $100 bills in it. (She gave me one.) :)

PSS The person who lost the money at the ATM had several thousand dollars in their account so I don't feel too bad that I got their $20.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The most I found was 7 - 100 dollar bills flying around in the wind around my front door!!!! It was a omen I went to reno and lost 400 of it on my way out of town I stopped by Boom town and dropped 20 in a slot machine and won 1000.00!!!15 years later i found out it was Lost by a cousin i was living with!!!! He still owed me money even then !!!! we are even!!!!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I once withdrew $800 from an atm on a sunday, after making the transaction, I was noting it in my checkbook, & the machines money door closed !!! with the $800 still in it, I figured the next person who got money out would also get my $800,(I couldn't withdraw any more,($800 daily limit), so I couldn't make the little money door open, the phone in the atm didn't work either !!
After totally freaking about leaving to call the bank, i made the call & was told that the machine automatically empties the drawer after a transaction & my money would be available monday morning....
It was, and I'll tell you what a relief when i got it back Wheww!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions