I found a 1923 fascist Italian MVSN officers fighting dagger(Found a picture)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a 1923 Italian fascists MVSN fighting dagger helping a friend of mine do a clean out.My friend owned a thrift store and i sometimes helped her do clean outs.I showed it to her and she gave it to me for helping her.A WW2 vet brought it back from Italy,I also have his bronze star and the original letter of recommendation from his commander stating why he won the medal.Finally and unbelievably found some pictures.Exact same dagger except mines in a lot better condition.

Attachments

• P1170001.JPG
    P1170001.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,303
  • P1170002.JPG
    P1170002.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 2,133

Kieth-Tx

Jun 5, 2006
Victoria & Corpus Christi Texas
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tejon, 1270, Stingray II & CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I found a 1923 fascist Italian MVSN officers fighting dagger

Would REALLY like to see some pics!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: I found a 1923 fascist Italian MVSN officers fighting dagger

I'm trying to get pics arranged. I dont have a digital camera or a cell phone(i hate cell phones lol).I'm trying to get a friend to take pictures and then send them to me so i can post it. I'll give more info on the knife though.Overall length is 12 3/4 inches,blade is 7 3/4 inches. Its not a dress dagger,not fancy enough.Metal sheaf with belt loop made of metal.Gold fascine on each side of the handle meant it belonged to an officer.Black ebony wood for a handle.The blade doesnt have an edge.The blade is strange because its like a cross, meaning 4 edges.The edges on the side are not very wide.I believe they are either there for strength or to keep suction from holding the blade in,no blood grove.Theres also a metal knob at the butt of the handle,my guess its for breaking skulls.The hand guard is 3 inches. On one side of the hand guard is MVSN engraved into it on the other side is E988. My guess about the knife not having an edge is back in 1923 they were still thinking trench warfare,no room in the trenches for fancy knife fighting, slashing etc.The blade nearest the handle is 7/8 of an inch top to bottom and almost a 1/2 an inch thick and boy does it have a wicked point on it.Near the hand guard the blade has a couple of little digs in it, actually looks like it caught a blade or a bayonet swung at whoever was holding it.The overall condition i would say is easily 85 to 90 percent if not better.In the years that i have had the dagger i have seen only one on ebay.I book marked it but it has since been removed :(.A guy in Italy was selling it.I havent done a thing to it except wipe it down with oil every now and again.I'll post pics ASAP. Mean while i'll look for pics on the net but doubt very much i'll find any. I've read that these daggers are very rare due to the U.S. ordering Italy to destroy all Fascist items at the end of WW2.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks keith,I love stuff like this too. I'll post the pic of mine when i can get one,my friend is dragging his butt. I'll get a picture of the letter too, its pretty interesting to read. The vet that brought the dagger home was a mail carrier.He got the bronze star for delivering mail under mortar and artillery fire :read2:good reading. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread