Look behind those old family picture frames. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Look behind those old family picture frames.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2012
    Motherload
    258 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I know of numerous situations were people found lots of dollar bills behind pictures and in books. I cannot stress enough that you should always look in books before throwing them away or donating them and behind picture frames in pictures as well as in frozen food wrapped items in the freezer. I work in houses that are probate sales and I just was in one were the heirs threw out all the books and all the freezer content without looking oooh well I guess if they never look they will never know what they threw away.
    trdking likes this.

stefen
    Following my mothers funeral, my aunt who way staying in mom's house asked me if I wanted anything from the safe...?

Since my parents moved from the farm to the city after my brothers and sisters left home, none of us were familar with the house.

What safe I asked...

Oh, the one under the kitchen counter built into the the corner cabinet...

Apparently, my aunt had been getting stuff from the safe for my mom before she died.

We found property deeds, bank accounts, insurance docs, and a 3-generation old coin collection...

If she had not mentioned the safe, we would probably have sold the house without knowing...
    trdking likes this.

us
    Aug 2012
    North Georgia
    Various depends on the need at the moment
    350 times
    Reminds me of a story , possible urban legend I heard once ------- An elderly aunt passed away and left her possessions to her nieces and nephews , really did not amount to much $ wise , One nephew was T'ed about only getting the aunts bible and just tossed it in a closet ---- Years later another aunt mentioned how the first aunt hand always held the nephew in high regard and that was why she had left the bible to him , He said that he never even looked at it after the estate was settled and had stashed it in a closet
    The aunt he was speaking with said that the deceased aunt had always red the bible daily and had wanted him to also , He said he didn't have the time and gave the bible back to the aunt --------------- The aunt took it home and a few days later came back to the nephew to insure he wanted her to have it , He said yes ----------------- The aunt said it I guess I can also keep the 10 thousand dollars the aunt had placed between the pages in 100 dollar bills , each one on a page with her favorite passage
    Kace, trdking and Hillbilly Prince like this.

us
    Feb 2013
    North Mississippi
    White's
    39 times
    Mother bought an old frame at an estate sale. Years later we took it apart and found
    one of these 1870 litho/engravings of the Lee memorial.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robert E. Lee.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	1034638  
    trdking, Kace and Hillbilly Prince like this.

Nov 2014
    21 times
    Here is a find I found in an old trunk years ago, still have it too.
    Not sure if it's worth anything though?
    But it's a 170years old.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421172613.228131.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	364.2 KB 
ID:	1105568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421172661.510148.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	455.5 KB 
ID:	1105569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421172722.361253.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	393.2 KB 
ID:	1105570
    trdking and Hillbilly Prince like this.

us
    Priv8ear

Aug 2018
    Shenandoah Valley Va
    WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
    3524 times
    Hi drewan, I saw this old thread of yours and had to share this story. Some friends were caregivers to an elder lady who's family had been very influential folks. They pretty much enabled her to live on in her home instead of having to go into a care facility.
    When she passed, without heirs or living family, she willed them all her possessions including her home. There was all this historical stuff from after the civil on up through the 1950s and I was asked to look some of the stuff over to help them sort out the valuables.
    While cleaning the living room they opened a drawer in a small stand by the TV chair. In the drawer were a lot of wadded up Kleenex tissues that had obviously been used. They got some rubber gloves and a trash can and started to get these nasty things out of the drawer. When she picked up the first handful she noticed they were really heavy. When she investigated she found that the lady had blown her nose on all of them and then put a Krugerand in each one. I don't how many were there exactly but it was more than 20. One heck of surprise! Then we had to look in every nook and cranny of the house for coins as well as script stuffed in the books. Quite a job but profitable.

us
    May 2009
    14 times
    look behind the backing of mirrors .also look to see if money has been taped to bottom of the dresser drawers and the bottom also.
    trdking likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6902 times
    I have found some very cool pictures behind junk pictures but never any cash

When I was young I owned half interest in an antique store. A lady that I bought antiques from came in and asked me if I knew about gemstones, Yes of course. She shows me a 6.5 carat Z Flawless yellow Diamond in a Cartier necklace setting. I asked her where the heck she got it. She bought a basket of yarn balls at an estate sale for $3 She knitted all the yarn in the basket and there was one small yellow ball of yarn in the basket. She put it on her shelf because it was not big enough to make anything she wanted. 2 years later her daughter became pregnant and she took the yellow ball and knitted it into booties. The necklace was in the center of the yarn ball in a leather cartier pouch. I brokered that diamond for her back in 1988 for 58 thousand dollars. Check every thing carefully and run your MD over yarn balls!
    MotherOfGeeks likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    6902 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Here is a find I found in an old trunk years ago, still have it too.
    Not sure if it's worth anything though?
    But it's a 170years old.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421172613.228131.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	364.2 KB 
ID:	1105568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421172661.510148.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	455.5 KB 
ID:	1105569Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421172722.361253.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	393.2 KB 
ID:	1105570
    I would guess that it is worth some money. Documents like this fetch good dollars from collectors. Show a photo to ha.com They will know.
    A2coins likes this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    32050 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Thats cool and hidden

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links