Look behind those old family picture frames.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi drewan, I saw this old thread of yours and had to share this story. Some friends were caregivers to an elder lady who's family had been very influential folks. They pretty much enabled her to live on in her home instead of having to go into a care facility.
When she passed, without heirs or living family, she willed them all her possessions including her home. There was all this historical stuff from after the civil on up through the 1950s and I was asked to look some of the stuff over to help them sort out the valuables.
While cleaning the living room they opened a drawer in a small stand by the TV chair. In the drawer were a lot of wadded up Kleenex tissues that had obviously been used. They got some rubber gloves and a trash can and started to get these nasty things out of the drawer. When she picked up the first handful she noticed they were really heavy. When she investigated she found that the lady had blown her nose on all of them and then put a Krugerand in each one. I don't how many were there exactly but it was more than 20. One heck of surprise! Then we had to look in every nook and cranny of the house for coins as well as script stuffed in the books. Quite a job but profitable.

highlander

May 10, 2009
look behind the backing of mirrors .also look to see if money has been taped to bottom of the dresser drawers and the bottom also.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found some very cool pictures behind junk pictures but never any cash :(

When I was young I owned half interest in an antique store. A lady that I bought antiques from came in and asked me if I knew about gemstones, Yes of course. She shows me a 6.5 carat Z Flawless yellow Diamond in a Cartier necklace setting. I asked her where the heck she got it. She bought a basket of yarn balls at an estate sale for $3 She knitted all the yarn in the basket and there was one small yellow ball of yarn in the basket. She put it on her shelf because it was not big enough to make anything she wanted. 2 years later her daughter became pregnant and she took the yellow ball and knitted it into booties. The necklace was in the center of the yarn ball in a leather cartier pouch. I brokered that diamond for her back in 1988 for 58 thousand dollars. Check every thing carefully and run your MD over yarn balls!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread