boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked revenue protection / loss prevention for a large grocery store chain. I couldn't even count the number of times I've walked past the ATMs and found cards hanging out of the slot, or the screen flashing the "another transaction?" screen. Now if I were that type of person, I'd be banking a lot more of my retirement checks. ;D ;D

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe it or not,I found 80.00 in the atm yesterday! I still cant believe it was there. I dont know if the machine,malfuntioned or what,but here we go again!!

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again and Happy New Year! I found 40.00 in the atm machine today. Its unbelievable,that people dont check the machine for all their money!!!

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found another 40.00 in the atm today! How long will people,keep on doing this? I guess,I can bank on them. Ha. Ha.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi fellow treasure hunters! Found another 20.00 in the atm(1-20-2012).!!! I guess I will never go broke!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a van full of people driving from College Station TX to Cocodrie Louisiana. at a highway gas station in Louisiana one of the girls in our van found $10 in the ATM and gave it to the clerk.

The chances it got back to the rightful owner: 0%!
The chances that lady kept it: 100%
The chances she bought booze or drugs with it: 70%, by the looks of her

Even better if the ATM shot it out as a malfunction. I'd much rather profit off the loss of the ATM company! (or banks)

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks,snatched up another twenty dollar bill in the Atm,saturday. Two minutes later,another person came for a withdrawal. They would have gotten the twenty,with there money. The hunt continues until another day!!! :D

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well,here we go again! I found $40.00 today,twenty one time,twenty later!!! I dont know long,my luck is going to last,but it has been profitable,so far. I am very careful in getting the money,fast and quick. I feel bad for the person who lost it. Hey count your money,before you leave.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Atm Money Finds Update

Well nothing lately. I spent my last 70.00 on a car battery from my atm money.Hey a freebie I have to replenish my supply. If I find it,I find it! I will keep you all posted. Cant wait for metal detecting and garage sale season. Happy Hunting!!!

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say,I walked by the atm today and saw a twenty dollar bill in the slot. Unfortunately,I didnt get to it in time,next person came to make a withdrawal and they got it with their money!!! Oh well,better luck next time. You have to be discreet and quick!!!! Still not a bad track record.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found nothing lately! The bank is checking their atm more often and empyting the machine during the day, I still walk by and check,best time is after bank is closed and weekends. Im not giving up yet. Will keep you all posted.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found some more money!

I walked by the Atm,this afternoon and found 40.00 in the slot! I was beginning to wonder,if I was going to get anymore. My lucky day!!!

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not binary: keep or turn it in.

I work at a private elementary school in Africa and find money on a weekly basis. I just give it to the next street beggar I see. A large amount might just go to my favorite charity.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,
Its been awhile,but today I found another twenty in the atm machine this morning!!!

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been a while but I found a twenty in the atm slot last nite! I needed the money!!

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Money found in an ATM is the property of the bank as it has not been dispensed to the customer, so it still remains the property of the bank.
You must make a reasonable effort to return found money to either the bank (which you OBVIOUSLY know how to locate, or the customer.
It's not like finding a coin in a park or a necklace on a beach.
The owner is very easy to ascertain due to the fact that it will logically belong to the last transaction completed, and the bank would have that account info.
And to stick you HAND into the slot to remove it with the intent to keep it is "criminal trespass" or "trespass to commit a crime." (depending on your state, and I'm not making this up.) The slot of the ATM is considered the same as the lobby of a bank,and the banks' property.
The law is very clear on this issue.
To remove it and keep it is theft.
You are stealing from either the bank or the customer,(depending on the state and the prosecutor's interpretation)

I'm not calling anyone a "thief", I'm just stating my understanding of the criminal law system from experience.

In MI:
Criminal Trespass
Trespass with intent to commit a crime
Theft
Unlawful manipulation of a financial transaction device
Concealing/receiving stolen property (assuagement)
Possession of stolen property
Because you mentioned that you planned to do it AGAIN on the internet: Conspiracy to commit ALL of these things I listed.
Because you talked about it after you DID iton the internet, conspiracy to possess stolen property

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A while ago I spotted 3 - $20 bills UNDER the ATM. Stuffed them in my pocket and went to the attendent at the gas station counter, left my phone # and told them that someone lost some $. Later that day I went to a drive-thru pharmacy window and placed one of the $20 bills in the drawer, and it blew away! 50 mph winds that day, by the time I got out of my truck to grab it, had blown around the corner of the building, across the parking lot and away! Never did get a call from the owner of the $.

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATm finds

A while ago I spotted 3 - $20 bills UNDER the ATM. Stuffed them in my pocket and went to the attendent at the gas station counter, left my phone # and told them that someone lost some $. Later that day I went to a drive-thru pharmacy window and placed one of the $20 bills in the drawer, and it blew away! 50 mph winds that day, by the time I got out of my truck to grab it, had blown around the corner of the building, across the parking lot and away! Never did get a call from the owner of the $.

That sucks,at least you stiil had 40 of it.Good for you,making an attempt to find the owner. A group collecting money,lost a fifty dollar bill on a windy day. I heard later a fifty was found later in a grassy area. Most people dont even know where they lost something!

OP
OP
treasuredog

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally,I found 40.00 dollars in the atm tuesday nite! Then another 20.00 in the parking lot!! A good day!!!!!

Austin Powers

Jul 27, 2011
I worked revenue protection / loss prevention for a large grocery store chain. I couldn't even count the number of times I've walked past the ATMs and found cards hanging out of the slot, or the screen flashing the "another transaction?" screen. Now if I were that type of person, I'd be banking a lot more of my retirement checks. ;D ;D
This is what I would expect in a society where folks get "money for nothing" other than existing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread