Great to be a letter carrier!

1960vw

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2008
sacramento , ca
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Bounty Hunter VLF
Found ten dollars rolled up in a ball on the sidewalk last Tuesday a few steps from where I park to start my route. Wednesday , on another part of my route, found folded one dollar bill in gutter. Donut and coffee money! Last year , I found a crumpled lotto ticket and found it it was worth 5 dollars. Always keeping my eyes open !!!! ;D

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1960vw said:
Found ten dollars rolled up in a ball on the sidewalk last Tuesday a few steps from where I park to start my route. Wednesday , on another part of my route, found folded one dollar bill in gutter. Donut and coffee money! Last year , I found a crumpled lotto ticket and found it it was worth 5 dollars. Always keeping my eyes open !!!! ;D

Years ago when I was in the Army, they made the entire company responsible for the upkeep of the main road leading into our post.
Each week a platoon would have a "Police Call" on that 1/2 mile stretch of road. We found many items, some I can mention here and
some I can't.. :laughing7: What I did find was about 20 lottery tickets all banded together with a rubber band. No way to tell who the owner was so I slipped them into one of my BDU pockets. Later that night, my wife and I went to the local Safeway grocery store and
had them check the tickets. $572 dollars on one of them :hello2: and $141 dollars on another. In 1982, $713 dollars was almost my months pay, a small fortune at the time. Never seen another ticket on that stretch of road over the next year that we had to
"Police" it.

Whoever tossed them out the window, tyvm from the bottom of my heart..... :laughing7:

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
When I was a young kid my dad had a house he rented out, in the basement was a nice blackboard and when we went to remove it from the wall, folding money came down from behind... It was only a couple of bucks but to a kid who's weekly allowance was a quarter it was a treasure trove.....

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one time when i was walking up to the gas station with my sister i found a scratch ticket on the ground and looked at it and could have sworn it was a $1 dollar winner but my sister said it was not a a winner but i took it to the gas station and had them check it out it was a $1 dollar winner then my sister told me to buy another scratch ticket and i won $30 dollars off of it.

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found $30 in a trash can at Six Flags when i was a kid! I couldn't believe i finally had money to buy what my parents wouldn't buy me. Now that i am older i know why they wouldn't buy it, but at the time i just thought they were mean!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Sometimes a woman will get a mad on and toss her wedding ring out the window going down the
expressway. I would not have known that if I hadn't been walking and eyeballing. Some people
can't do both, takes practice.

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
I have a rule as a letter carrier. If I find it (money) in the yard of a house, I put it in their mailbox. If it's from the sidewalk out I always.....................ah, turn it in to the proper authorities, yah,thats the ticket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread