kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi All,

So I recently graduated from Texas A&M University in College Station. While in my last semester this spring, I found 2 sterling silver James Avery rings in the parking lot where I parked for classes, one a respectable 3.6 gram sterling silver ring and the other was a whopper of a ring, a floral ring with citrine from James Avery that weighed in at almost 14 grams, was .925 and valued at $200. Unfortunately, it had been run over repeatedly so now I just have it for the content but the first ring I found was in perfect shape. I also found a small 10K necklace chain that weighs in at a little under a gram.

Today, I found my 3rd .925 ring in a different parking lot I use on the University for work. It weighs in at 2.3 grams, is marked NF .925 Thailand on the inside and has what appears to be 6 fake diamonds on the front and should have 3 more but are missing. As you can see from the pics, it's in bad shape but it's more silver to add to the pile.

So many careless kids, I would love to be a parking attendant around here because I'm sure they find a ton of silver and gold jewelry due to the overload of 50,000+ college students in one area.

HH to all!

Attachments

• silverring2.jpg
    silverring2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1,259
  • silverring.jpg
    silverring.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,839

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Appears you are on your way to a great ring year!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to the University of Michigan, and it seems like every other week I find gold or silver. I also scoop up about $100 in change a year

HH
-GC

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
been thinking about mding the local college here in our town those kids should hve some rings or coins deposited on the campus .

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congratulations on the graduation. A lot of people try and don't make it, and end up transferring to t.u.
I agree with the chance the PSO have to find things in the lots. I know people who have found anything from jewelry to fetal pigs on the buses.
Good luck in the future.

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread