Jun 6, 2011
Rochester Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Fisher F2 (DD coil)
Whites Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
last night, i went to subway for dinner. when i got my change i checked for old coins and wouldnt you know, all four of the pennys i got were wheaties! since they werent busy, i asked the checkout lady if they had any more and she gave me 42 more!!! :o :headbang: she told me she had just opened a new rol and every one of the penies were wheats!!! that was fun. the oldest was 1936 d, and i even got a steelie!!! ;D

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of bread would you like? Lets make it Wheat, great modern cache find.

brucebob

Jun 14, 2011
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Very nice story :icon_thumleft:

It definitely pays to look through your change right away.

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Great find. I guess that serves to show the state of the economy.
Iv,e read that during the great depression a lot of the (then scarce)1909s VDBs turned up in circulation as people pillaged their coin collections.
HH,Mont

tmdavis3

Feb 24, 2009
I have had the same thing happen to me at a local convenience store last year. I noticed all the pennies in my change were wheaties, and asked the clerk if there were more. He had another 25 or 30 in the drawer, and another roll that was also mostly wheaties, which he happily traded out to me at face value. SCORE!!

Congrats on your wheaties.

DevilDog812

Nov 3, 2010
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
i work at a supermarket, one time i was opening a new roll and it was all wheaties. of course this was the day that i didnt have any money on me to swap out for the change, so i had to just leave it all there :-[
i do bring a bunch of extra change with me though and find at least one wheat every couple days. still no silver though :dontknow:

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
Question??
What is so good about wheat pennies???
What am I missing here lol

Anyone????

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions