1946 Silver Dime on the ground at the McDonalds drive-thru

CladSpends2

Jan 11, 2010
Wilton, Maine
Detector(s) used
White's M6
1946 Silver Dime on the ground at the McDonald's drive-thru

Monday evening, on my way to band practice, I swung through the local McDonalds for a little food to sustain me til my late night arrival home for my wife's leftovers. The girl in the drive-thru window tried to take my crisp brand new ten dollar bill by the corner and with just two fingers and a look on her face like I was handing her a dog turd. She lost control of it and it fell on the ground between the take out window and my truck. Of course she expected me to get out and retrieve it. When I did I noticed a bunch of dropped change there on the ground and since I put all the change I find into my daughter's piggy bank, I figured, what the heck, while I am bent down out here, I will grab that too. It was only 3 dimes and 3 pennies, but still better than a sharp stick in the eye and some consilation for having to get out of the truck I figured. I just threw the change into the center console at first, then gave it a closer look. One of the dimes had a different color and look from the other 2. I was like, no way, can't be.....................................but it was, it was silver. A 1946-D Roosie to be exact. Just goes to show that you never know where you are going to find silver and how karma will come back around to smile on you, just when you think you are being put out.

T.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Re: 1946 Silver Dime on the ground at the McDonald's drive-thru

Sweet! I'm always finding dimes & pennies on the ground but never a silver one! way to go :hello2:

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 1946 Silver Dime on the ground at the McDonald's drive-thru

hahahaha mcdonalds hires the best. i had one lady drop the ten i handed her at the drive through and had to get out and there were literally 40 or so pennies. course i grabbed as many as i could but one happened to be a 1940 wheatie! good day for me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread