NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
an antique platinum engagement ring with a diamond just a hair under 1 carat
found it in the early 80's in the road - it had been run over a bunch of times and was beat up
was taking a girlfriend to a fav restaurant - it was poruing when we showed up - place was closed for
alterations - she was upset - walked back to car - saw ring - picked it up and said "cheer up - i found you a ring!"
- she laughed tried to put it on - handed it back to me - I thought it was a kids ring cause it was so beat up - dropped into my cup holder - took it back out at a stop light and said "there's a "P" inside" - might be platinum
and they dont put fake diamonds usually in platinum
ring was real - sold it back then for around $750

Conch1

Feb 7, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Quickdraw II, Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was waiting for the school bus about 45 years ago in Rota, Spain when I looked down and found a little 4th century AD Roma/She Wolf AE coin in the dirt. I had to dig it out with a pencil it had been so hard-packed in the dirt by people walking over it for so long. I had found a lot of chopped and counterstamped 17th century dated maravedi coins on the beach up to that point but this was my first Roman coin find outside of the Seville Thursday flea market.

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
I was riding motorcycle when at an intersection I had just flew through I hit the breaks and did a quick 180. Something that looked like a gun had caught my eyes ...
It was a starters pistol! Not worth a heap but hey a unique find.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
when I took my little girl disc golfing at a local park about 16 years ago. As we were walking through the caliche parking lot I caught a flash out of the corner of my eye, checked it out and it was a gold ring. It was the old nugget style they used to use in the 80s but it had a 1/10th ounce Krugerrand in it surrounded by 10 small diamonds.

2nd best would have to be a heavy, nice gold chain I found in the Toys R Us parking lot in '85 when I used to work there. I still wear it to this day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread