$40,000 in a purse

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
yep once I helped return a "no" class ring --I say "no" class-- becaise it was a class riing for a young gal that after tracking her down and calling her and explaining things to her including the fact it was being feturned for "free" --she could not seem to take 5 min to "be at the house" to recieve it -- finally after about 2 weeks of trying to return it in person --I went over and gave it to her grandmother to give to her --the grandmother was thankful even offered a reward (which I of course turned down) but the gal herself totally "no class" at all.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was Charlie Sheen's "Night Out" money. I am glad that you didn't disrupt it for him....

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm If only you's would have waited till the next morning.

Possably the store would have been Broken into
& Ransacked over night.
"Burglers must have taken it" :wink: :wink: :wink:

at the very least, the person who left it,
may have been a little more appreciative
after loosing sleep :laughing7:

At the risk of this thread going off topic,
I Disagree with getting the police involved.
I Personally don't believe they should
have any buisness knowing how much money
anyone has, or why.

on every bill
THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER
FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE

Therfore no money is Dirty Money

Really? Are you serious?

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid ,back in the 1970's my mom and a friend walked up to 7-11 to get some stuffmy friend and I go inside and my mom stays outside and goes inside the old phone box,the kind with the fold out doors,anyway she finds a bag in there with about $1000 in it,she doesn't tell us untill super that night.My brother & I had a good X-mas that year:icon_thumright:

BrisJoe

Dec 30, 2012
Brisbane
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, Whites Goldmaster, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the law over there for "found property" is anything like here in Aus, you lose the ID and stuff from the bag so it's just cash only, and take it to the police station, and after 3 mths of nobody claiming it, it legitimatly becomes your cash.
No matter the reason for have that much cash, legal or not the person isn't exactly going to report it to the police as they will ask the 20 questions about why they had that much cash.

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 40000 in the city it is possible to buy 1 room apartment from us. Its big money. If at us to carry money in police and not to control transfer money, police officers will consider you as the madman and will put this money to itself in a purse. But if to give this money to the former owner, it is possible to count on an award in some sum of money.
Provided that money is found on the street, in 99% of cases who won't look for the owner. Unfortunately in Russia so.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have ben a bookie pay out monie for a few high dollar card bets. Who leaves that much money some place random .

Last edited:

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Could have atleast grabbed a couple hundreds they wouldn't have known haha

blaylock

Feb 12, 2013
northeast ms
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good for you! the other thing you could've done was to turn it in to the police, then they would've had to go to the police station to pick it up, and possibly answer some questions there.
what did her boss say the next day? (and he should post his phone number so his employees can reach him if need be).

when i lived in new orleans my friend found 20,000 in a shopping bag stuffed under his back doorsteps, he called the tv station first and then the police afterwards. He wanted to make sure if it was drug money that they knew he did not have it....lol.

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
at a minor league baseball game (AAA) i found a wallet in the parking lot...not much money a little over 100$.....we went in the stadium and as in all the minor league games i went to where was an employee, behind home plate gettin ready for the national anthem...with a microphone....i gave her the wallet and she announced the wallet owners name...he came down claimed it and opened it and gave her something....i went over there and she mumbled...he never gave me nothin.....after my best dirty look...she couldnt look me in the eyes....it was purty fun after that...she walked by me several times that day doin her job....im sure i made her uncomfortable...i am, after all an actor....you cant see my stance or expression but i think you get my drift...

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, yea keeping it would have been a bad outcome I believe, and the police would have opened a can of worms. I think you did the best thing, however it would have been nice to get a reward. But you did get out trouble free, people do nasty things for a few dollars let alone that much. Your honesty will reward you someday

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All cash has been drug money at some point! But that doesn't matter, bravo for having the integrity to find its owner.

One time I found a fat wallet on a university cafeteria table. It was loaded with cash, SS card, credit and bank cards, PINs, house key ... everything. Took a few hours to track the guy down, but I succeeded. When he arrived at the university he called me, made me walk outside to his car. He didn't even get out of his vehicle. Didn't shake my hand. Didn't say "thank you."

Just goes to show, the only person's character you can control is your own.

such a damn shame the way some people behave, completely unbelievable. Your last sentence there says it all, that's the only way to make peace with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread