The Best Place For Eyeballing Treasure!!.......Ski Slopes!! Just as the Snow Melts!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Want to know a secret? Walk up and down the ski slopes just after most of the snow is starting to melt. It's amazing how many coins, sun glasses, watches, and
some occasional jewelry that can be found! I eyeballed this gold earring with 15 diamonds. The ear post on the back of it is broken off, so I'm not sure if it's 10K or 14K.
Found on one of the many ski slopes around Lake Tahoe Calif.

Attachments

• Elephant Bracelet 14K 006.JPG
    Elephant Bracelet 14K 006.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 176

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't done that is a while, but you do find everything and no detector is needed :tongue3: There are always a ton of cell phones too. I guess for some reason people have to make a call on the lift to let everyone know where they are..

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW!!! :laughing9:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even better now with I-Pads, Androids, and other electronic gadgets... Just resell the bad boys. Best part there is rarely damage as the snows acts as a buffer...

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hadn't thought of ski slopes! Anybody taken their detector up one? Or are the ski companies generally opposed?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ammon, no need for a detector, these are all eye finds :tongue3: The snow melts and the goodies are just laying on the surface.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread