I said I would find something, and I did :)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stuck in the middle of another Minnesota winter so I decided to post a cool find from this past summer. I go out biking [bicycle] with my girlfriend every chance we get and most of the time it's around one of our awesome lakes. Most of the time we grab some food at a local deli and sit by the lake and have a mini picnic. One day last summer we sat on a cement ledge near a bridge and ate our food & fed the ducks. Since I always finish eating first and don't like sitting still for very long I stood up and said "I'm gonna go find something" to which my girlfriend replied "I'm sure you will"... I walked no more than 3 feet away from her and scraped my foot once through the leaves at the base of a tree and I kicked out this old bottle opener, picked it up and handed it to her and said "there ya go" 8-)... the whole hunt lasted about 10-15 seconds. I haven't really tried to date it yet.. Pretty cool

Here's some pics of the opener and what the bridge looked like a little over 100 years ago.

2dkb794.jpg

Opener is just under 4 1/2" tall and yes, there's a piece broken off.

opener 1.jpg
opener 2.jpg
opener 3.jpg

Thanks for looking.. :blackbeard:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting