Wow! Right under my nose all these years. . .

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the winter in full swing and snowed in with two-feet of snow, my wife was on a mission to "sort" through
the accumulations of "things" that once belonged to some of our departed relatives.

For the past several days, there would be a collection of items on a table that my wife would ask if I wanted to keep
or toss out. . . and then there were these bookends. . . all tarnished, but were made of copper & brass so I looked
for any maker's mark and low and behold there was! Walter von Nessen design made by the Chase Brass & Copper
Co., Inc.

After some research I was pleased to learn that these Art Deco-style bookends were produced in the 1930's
and had current market selling prices up to $850.

Moral of this story, always check.

Walter von Nessen Bookends.jpg

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes sir you are right,been hunting things for years and still can not believe some things are worth so much money.and it could be anything that brings in good money.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love those bookends! Thank you for sharing.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are incredible They were not cheap when purchased new. Pay close attention to everything else that came from that relative. If they paid good money for this they bought other things as well.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Chase Brass had its origin in Waterbury, CT when it was part of the U.S. Button Company. I'm sure they manufactured many of the military buttons being found by T'Netrs today. Great save there by you.
HH
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread