OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Climate change? I don't advocate either side. But when I was a child, we could just step across that creek and not get wet.

It started changing in the 80's - and the direct cause of the changes in this creek was the timber companies clear cutting land.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Climate change? I don't advocate either side. But when I was a child, we could just step across that creek and not get wet.

It started changing in the 80's - and the direct cause of the changes in this creek was the timber companies clear cutting land.

Not to distract from the hydraulic effect on a vehicle , but that is a beautiful sight!

Stay safe Deep. It'll go down again. (A theory of mine.)
If it gets too bad , put a halter and harness on that bear and tow your car across....:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Agree with Logging Comp. theory; send "pic" to WHEO in Stuart, Va. INTERNET Radio.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel, I'm on the North Slope of Bull Mountain.

Google Farm.jpg

The top of the picture - Highway 57, and that's the edge of the "state shop" - road maintenance across the road from my property.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your car is too big for your travels...

I've thought about it, but in reality - I don't go exploring much. I don't hunt critters, don't want to have to kill any of them, and in the last few weeks the Bear and Mountain Lion have said hello. Clearly they're not afraid of me, and hopefully they don't think of me as perhaps tasty......

There are critter killers all around me, but none trespass on my property - I just had to mark my territory = urinate on every corner..... And I've tossed quite a few off my land.

One advantage I have is that I am "unknown" here. Although I was born here I always lived elsewhere - until retirement. This 40 acres of mine - my ancestors were the original settlers. One blessing in my family history is that our brothers didn't marry our sisters.

Just a generation ago, bootleg whiskey was a major industry here.....

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
On all 4's, he stood to just below my hip joint.

Got a real good look at him, shined the flashlight in his face, he'd been in a battle or two. I might have looked pretty tasty.

I don't hurt critters, but this is different = dangerous. This morning I contacted a friend connected with the government and veterinary services. Mom puts out scraps every night to feed critters. I don't know if she's going to continue that or not. It's usually the coons who come to dinner. Not something the size of a Volkswagen Bug.....

In California, if you feed one of those things twice, by law its considered a common-law dependent spouse and consequently is intitled to 1/2 your personal estate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Agree with Logging Comp. theory; send "pic" to WHEO in Stuart, Va. INTERNET Radio.

I certainly did that. I'll post here if I get any kinda response!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread