IDdesertman

Dec 8, 2007
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
GPX4500, Gold Bugs
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Who's out there?!?

Hey everyone. I'm just curious how many folks are on this board and where your from? I expect most people are like me and mostly look and rarely post anything. I live in Boise and am pretty new to detecting but am getting more confident with my MXT and really getting into it....

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Re: Who's out there?!?

Welcome IDdesertman, there are a few members local to this area but we don't post nearly as much as the easterners lol, local resources I use are Gerrys metal detectors and Rose Hill coin, don't forget to get your Ada county detecting permit at the Wampum Hut (short recovery demonstration and $5 renewal yearly) or for Canyon county the Nampa Rec. Center (Free also renewed yearly). HH

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey IDdesertman, I live in Boise too...man this area has been hammered by the detectorists for years. Only construction sites seem to give up much. I used to do a lot better in Pocatello. Now I have a Tesoro Tiger Shark and go in the water. I do have some really old maps of a lot of the cities around here...good for pinpointing the older houses. Good luck, maybe I'll see you out there. I also have an old spectrum xlt.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Im in Driggs, on the eastern border at the base of the Tetons. Just started detecting last summer, looking forward to next summer.

Steve

Idaho hunter

Jan 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350- Ace250- 10X WORKHORSE - GARRETT PRO POINTER - Mighty AP digger

Hi I am at Pocatello and just getting started posting at this site

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool

I too am in Pocatello, me & Idaho Hunter (Kent) have hunted together quite a few times. He is very hard to keep up with ya know! ;D In fact this spring & summer I plan on draggin him along on quite a few road trips, maybe we can all get together fer a hunt sometime?

lowrider1959

Jan 22, 2009

hi i like to chat more about detecting i live in horseshoe bend but work in boise be fun to find someone who enjoys the hobby

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used

Welcome lowrider1959! Glad to have you as a neighbor, Lifes been upside down for us this year but if we ever get free I'll look you up! Good luck!

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver

I use to live in Nampa. Now I live in Vale Oregon. Some nice spots out here and people are very friendly.

LT

corncrasher

Jan 14, 2005
Idaho
Detector(s) used
DFX

I live in the lewiston area. I wouldn't mind getting together with someone to do some detecting.

Shiloh1

Mar 9, 2009
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's pretty close to me. I live in Moscow but get down to Lewiston quite often. Wouldn't mind getting together to swap some knowledge.

BlueDuck

Jun 26, 2009
Hayden, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Bounty Hunter

Not a very busy forum as you can see. I was the last one to post 2 1/2 years ago. I always thought Idaho was a little laid back. Id say so.....

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used

Been awhile since I've visited this forum myself! Aint life alot like a river, changin course all the time! Past couple years been pokin around the old Fort Boise area(s), Idaho city, Silver city, Jordan Valley, Flint creek, Jordan creek, Reynolds creek, Soda Springs, Grace, Du Boise, Buhl. Haven't hit the retirement jackpot but seeing some history for sure! Talk to ya in 2 1/2 years or so!

ottor

Mar 1, 2012
So. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello from Twin Falls.. Most of you are up north, huh? - Had an older Tesoro and sold it about 15 yrs ago, and have regretted it since.. I've retired from State employment last July, and now have the time to promote my other hobby, Landscape photography.. I have a shoot scheduled mid April, and I've dedicated that fee to a new Garrett Ace 350. By reading on this forum, it appears we, out West, are at a little disadvantage as far as ancient relics goes... Civil War crap all over the South/East ... We get to dig up 1950 nickles.... >:(

Kidding - a little - I'm ready to get back into treasure hunting, and see what I can find. Anyone know if the old Hunt Camp out of Minidoka is off limits? - It's an old Japanese relocation camp from the 40's. I suspect that it'll be a 'no-go', as I think it's now State property .. anything found would belong to the Gov now.. I also know of an old Chinese gold camp in the Snake River canyon - just need a boat now... This is gonna be fun !!

Hope to see you guys out there...

r

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread