D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we recently moved here. our oldest son live here and we have been coming to visit him for sometime. usually stay 3-4 months

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davin, I moved here (Mountain Home) in 2007. Really like it. Love the climate. Are you anywhere near Mountain Home?

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the late answer. we are in the northern part, around couer d' alene area. being in the mountain home area aren't you close to gold country?
I know it will be getting much colder soon but still have alittle time to get out there and hopefully find goog stuff.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davin, I'm not sure about being close to gold country. I've been here since 2007, but haven't really researched the area. I've been to the Boise area a bunch of times, down to Twin Falls several times, and to the Dunes state park. As for MDing, I've only been to one of the schools here for just a few minutes, and in the yard here at the house. I'm not very active anymore. Several 'ailments' have slowed the old man down. lol I need to do some research on the gold bit. I haven't heard anything about gold around here. Maybe later today I can do some online research.
Yep, you're quite a ways from me. I've been up as far as Ketchum, but really want to check out the sites at Couer d' Alene. I'm always hearing it mentioned.

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real sorry to hear about you health and I can understand it, myself I am no spring chicken, far from it.
but I do like to get out there and poke around, do some prospecting on the rivers or streams and get lucky at times. it's a
great hobby and doing alittle reading about gold prospecting in Idaho will give you a good base'
there is still a lot of gold here BUT it's all about finding it. I get excited to even see afew spects.
I wish you the very best and hope that everything works out good for you.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't want to bore you, but I smoked from the age of 18 until I was 58. Forty years, then quit on September 29, 2000. This September, 29th, will be 14 years without a single puff. But I live in a house with my daughter and her husband; both smokers. I moved in with them in 2010 when my daughter became disabled and the son-in-law was already on disability. Pooling our money, we made do until the daughter got some disability started in 2012. It was a bit tough. I'm on Social Security. Retired in 2004. I had some, but not bad, breathing problems before moving in here. I don't know if moving in with them made my breathing worse or not. When I sold the home back in Texas in late 2010, I built a bedroom for myself onto the house with its own heating and cooling. I'm now using inhalers twice a day and oxygen when I'm sleeping at night. If I go walking, I carry oxygen with me and use it most time. I do most of my walking on the treadmill in my bedroom with oxygen. I have an oxygen concentrator by my bed. I can go to the store and do the shopping for several hours if I don't hurry without oxygen. I'm hoping by next spring, I've used the treadmill enough to build myself up enough to get out with metal detectors and have some fun. At present, I only get out in the yard here at the house for maybe 20 or 30 minutes at a time.

If you ever get down this way, give me a holler. We get together for a cup of coffee! Red

OP
OP
D

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texasred777, just wanted to say hi and hope that you are doing well. it's been awhile so just wanted to stay in touch.

ron

KBookerT

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Kuna Idaho, near Boise. I have an Ace 350. This is my 2nd year into Metal Detecting. I have found a lot of stuff al ready. It is a lot of fun.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KBookerT, i am located farther north of you. above coeur d' alene .

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Davin, I missed your November post! Sorry 'bout that. If you post anything and I don't respond, shoot me a PM. I PM with several of the guys on TNet. KBookerT and Maui, good to see you post also! As I said in an earlier post, I'm down here in Mountain Home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread