Open invite for Eastern Idaho MD trip.

TroutBumDave

Jan 8, 2015
Northern Utah
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master 6000/D -- Garrett GTI 2500 -- Etrac
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted this in the MD forum, but haven't had any takers. I hope it's not against the rules to double post this sucker -- I'm too lazy to check and, I guess, too inconsiderate to care. That's really lame of me, actually. Too late now though, I'm committed!

Howdy everyone. I am going to be on our property near Ashton, ID from June 10th to the 17th. There is a ton of history on our property, including an old privy, two old cabin foundations, native American artifacts, and an old lumber mill. Most of it is from the late 1800's. I don't know if anyone has ever MD'd it before, but I'd bet not. Anyhow, this is an open invite to you all. I am fairly new to MD'ing, and would love the chance to watch a master at work. The catch? You'll have to endure a bunch of stupid questions from me. I might beg you to let me buy back some of your finds also... mostly interested in arrowheads.

So, who wants to go play?

Thanks for the consideration.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure where ashton, id is located. I am in the couer d' alene area but I am not a pro.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ashton is about 60 miles north of Idaho Falls, Davin. It's right at the base of the hill you climb to head into Island Park on U.S. 20.
Jim

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry i am late on this but thanks jim, i appreciate.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No problem....hope you have a great weekend.
Jim

Goondock

Jun 24, 2015
Idaho
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did the hunt go? I'm fairly new to metal detecting. Live in S.W. Idaho. If you are looking to go again sometime, I'd make the drive if asked. Thanks, HH.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use to vacation in priest river for 5 yrs in a row , pops had a place there on the river . Would love to live there but I hate the snow and cold as im from sunny california .
Post up some gold finds from the area peeps .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions