North idaho crystals near lolo Montana border?

Paul 1

Dec 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has any one dug for crystals near lolo Montana but on the Idaho side. Digging in the lolo area of Montana has been shut down or you face a healthy fine. I have seen that some people have been finding great quartz crystals just over the boarder on the Idaho side. But I don't know of any locations. Would be willing to trade some of my locations for some info. Or if you would like to know some of my crystal digging spots , just ask lol. If at all posable meet up for a dig in that area. I'm new to this forum so bear with me. Thanks all.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paul 1, welcome aboard. i live above Coeur d' alene, id. but don't know much about crystals but sounds interesting. when it warms up i plan to
make a trip to the lolo area to do some prospecting. i wish you much luck and let us know how you did.
davin

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Garrett Romain's book he mentions smokey quartz crystals on the Montana side along Granite Ck, but even at that time (2010), the FS was threatening to shut down the site. Apparently somebody was killed by a cave-in while digging for cryatals. Garret said he thought there were probably other locales in Idaho nearby, but it would require some exploration.
Jim

OP
OP
P

Paul 1

Dec 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all goes as planned. I have a friend that is going to show me some crystal digging spots near pierce and weippe (Idaho) this spring. As the crow flies, that's not to far from the lolo area.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Where about above CDA? I'm in Phoenix, and have been for a few decades, but just bought some land near Sandpoint for the future. YOu that far north?

OP
OP
P

Paul 1

Dec 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the St. Maries area. There are a few spots up by sand point where I dig for crystals too.

Kaybe11

Jul 13, 2011
Paul 1 that's literally my back yard. Let me know when your coming over, I can look be you up on that spot to. Less that 2 miles from my door :)

wedigithemost

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2017
Nampa, ID
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Garrett Carrot AT Pinpointer, Garrett
Z-Link wireless Headphones. Minelab X-Terra 705. Compass Yukon model 77-1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any crystal hunting spots in valley county??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread