Newbie from Idaho

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I am a long time lurker on this site but decided today to finally register. I like im sure most of you love reading all the treasure tales and stores of lost mines on here.

Don't have much experience looking for them or doing research but a few in my local area have always intrigued me. Hoping to get a metal detector soon and delve a little deeper down the rabbit hole. :)

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome! Where are you located?
Jim

OP
OP
I

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! Where are you located?
Jim

I am in Nampa just outside of Boise. I have a few "tales" I am doing some research on up in the Boise Basin and Owyhee areas. Also been considering doing some CRH just to have a little extra fun with. I already have to many hobbies but you only live once right. haha. Luckily I am fairly young so hopefully I till have a few years to find some treasure.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard !

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! My Brother lives in Boise - beautiful place! :occasion14:

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Nampa just outside of Boise. I have a few "tales" I am doing some research on up in the Boise Basin and Owyhee areas. Also been considering doing some CRH just to have a little extra fun with. I already have to many hobbies but you only live once right. haha. Luckily I am fairly young so hopefully I till have a few years to find some treasure.

Are you researching for gold or relics or both? I live in the Boise Basin and in the 1980s I helped stake close to a hundred mining claims for a Canadian company in the Silver City area so I too have a few tales.

I reread your first post and got my answer...duh. Are you interested in looking for a mine camp that few people have seen because of it's remote location [means hiking] near Silver City? I can't pinpoint this place but if you are inclined to look for a lost mine I can point you in the general direction from google earth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you researching for gold or relics or both? I live in the Boise Basin and in the 1980s I helped stake close to a hundred mining claims for a Canadian company in the Silver City area so I too have a few tales.

I reread your first post and got my answer...duh. Are you interested in looking for a mine camp that few people have seen because of it's remote location [means hiking] near Silver City? I can't pinpoint this place but if you are inclined to look for a lost mine I can point you in the general direction from google earth.

I would love to hear your stories and information about the mining camp near silver city. My dad worked for years at the Delamar mine so I know he is very familiar with the area up there. I have spent a bit of time off roading up there (another of my favorite hobbies).

Gambrinus

Dec 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been to this area? When I was staking claims we stayed at the After Thought Mine.
The history of this mine is that it was a scam, the promoters took a picture of the King mine and managed to get investors to erect the mill and cabins but the ore was very low grade and very little ore was even found there. The King mine was a good producer though.
I can't find the lost mine I was talking about, I will need to do more searching on Google Earth after thought mine.jpg
king mine.jpg

OP
OP
I

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't believe I have been by those camps at all. That's interesting about the Afterthought Mine being a scam. I'm going to have to do some reading about it.

snowmobiledave

Tenderfoot
Sep 17, 2017
Shelton for now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im Dave I live off grid near Newport WA. BUT have access to computer at brothers in Rathdrum Idaho.
I have a dredge AND a permit for this year, my buddy "partner" who got me all fired up to spend
the Money and time to get my end of the deal together ( dredge+permit) has Flaked out.
im in a Very good situation to hunker down and dredge, no wife honey do list (no wife_) no kid/school events (no kids) im Very comfortable staying in tha woods for 7-10 days at a wack, BUT
WHAT I DONT HAVE is a place to go or way to get there, 5099937812 just ring me and lets make a deal,

wedigithemost

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2017
Nampa, ID
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Garrett Carrot AT Pinpointer, Garrett
Z-Link wireless Headphones. Minelab X-Terra 705. Compass Yukon model 77-1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site, I'm in Nampa as well. Do you know of any detecting clubs in the area?

RichieRich

Mar 25, 2013
Meridian Id
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, AT Pro Gold, White's IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Meridian, does your brother metal detect?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread