Well its snowing and its sticking..........

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Awwww, look on the bright side bud, that white stuff will just make it easier to grid off an area. :icon_sunny:
Mike

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RootMaster said:
I made a snowman :thumbsup:
Hey Root...........now you can easyly grid a 100 x 100 foot area in the snow.....Digging on the other hand...Pricelessly H A R D

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You are so lucky! Think maybe you can put one of those industrial fans in your front yard, point it EAST to Va Beach and let the fan rip? I really want some good snowfall this year!

It seems EVERYONE AROUND US (North, South and West) get ALL the snow but us!!! It's like there is a bubble over Va Beach that the snow can not penetrate! It's so fustrating!

DOING THE SNOW DANCE: :wav:

PRAYING TO THE SNOW GODS: :angel8:

ME AFTER A GOOD SNOWFALL: :blob5: :headbang: :hello2:

Enjoy,
Annmarie

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Wonderful morning. ;D

Just went out and took some snow off the driveway;
cleaned off the front and side doors.

Snow still coming down a bit; south here I would say we
only got about 2 , 2 1/2 inches. ;D it is wet and heavy.

Village snow plow made a pass by. :D
Big wave for those who work. :hello2: :P ;D :icon_pirat: :icon_jokercolor:

Feel good getting out there in the morning. ;D

Life goes on; start of another winter :walk:

Did follow some tracks on the new property;
find out where the critters are coming from. :icon_scratch:
learning, learning, learning :icon_study: :thumbsup:

Inside now :coffee2:.

Will go back out an fill the bird feeders, birds could have
a hard time today with the wet snow; take out some warm
water also.

all have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
You are so lucky! Think maybe you can put one of those industrial fans in your front yard, point it EAST to Va Beach and let the fan rip? I really want some good snowfall this year!

It seems EVERYONE AROUND US (North, South and West) get ALL the snow but us!!! It's like there is a bubble over Va Beach that the snow can not penetrate! It's so fustrating!

Enjoy,
Annmarie

:BangHead:

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
8" here in central Illinois, and more falling as I type this. I was out metal detecting on Saturday and now this big storm on Sunday. And the roads are in terrible condition. Everyone be safe.

99Brown

Olderactor

Oct 28, 2008
Old Irving Park Chicago, IL
Detector(s) used
XLT, Excalibur ll, E-trac, Explorer 2 xpdeus, minelab 3030
Look on the good side. Last year I got paid for finding car Keys in snowbanks and a lost wedding ring in the snow. Not much but $50.00 is better than nothing.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Ron and Ann said:

Enjoy,
Annmarie

I wouldn't wish snow upon my worst enemy.

I hate snow. I hate watching it fall down. I hate scraping it off my car. I hate opening my car door to have the snow on my door fall on my seat. I hate shoveling snow. I hate sloshing around in black slush. I hate snow melting on my glasses. I hate snowdrifts. I hate it when you think it's snowing for the last time in April, only to be greeted by a blizzard the next day.

Don't get me started!

oz_il

Oct 6, 2008
Evergreen Park, IL
I'll be breaking out the ice fishing gear soon :thumbsup:

I did a MD and MD some more over the long weekend.

11 wheaties (7 found at one property)
1 old junk ring (copper?) - same property as the 7 wheaties
1 token
173 stinking cents
38 nickels
39 dimes
28 quarters

Alas, no silver ;=(

*** Oops forgot to say I did find minuscule .925 and 10K earrings in the same tot lot.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
twistidd said:
Ron and Ann said:

Enjoy,
Annmarie

I hate snow. I hate watching it fall down. I hate scraping it off my car. I hate opening my car door to have the snow on my door fall on my seat. I hate shoveling snow. I hate sloshing around in black slush. I hate snow melting on my glasses. I hate snowdrifts. I hate it when you think it's snowing for the last time in April, only to be greeted by a blizzard the next day.

Don't get me started!

You can wish it upon me....send me ALL your SNOW!!! I won't be upset! Infact, me and my boys will have a blast in your honor!!! :thumbsup:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
twistidd said:
Ron and Ann said:

Enjoy,
Annmarie

Don't get me started!

I have got 2 agree with you Twistidd........I've worked Construction outside in it for 37 years.......Brrr AGAIN..........My feet get soaked ,my hands get soaked,My cloths get soaked.........2 bad........gotta stay in it 4 the $.......Then alot of times there is the sudden temp drop after getting 3-4" and soaked, and sloshing around for a couple hours.......Then it will drop to the low 20's,and freeze the ground.....Well thats fine,only problem is I only had a 30 minuite lunch 2 dry off,but still wet.......Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :'( :'(
Wish we could trade our next 4 months weather for Ron & Ann's Virginia Beach weather.... :icon_sunny:....The only thing I would miss might be the snow on Christmas....But that is only to see the kids enjoy it.............Yeah I'll trade Ron & Ann...........LOL

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
McEtrak said:
twistidd said:
Ron and Ann said:

Enjoy,
Annmarie

Don't get me started!

I have got 2 agree with you Twistidd........I've worked Construction outside in it for 37 years.......Brrr AGAIN..........My feet get soaked ,my hands get soaked,My cloths get soaked.........2 bad........gotta stay in it 4 the $.......Then alot of times there is the sudden temp drop after getting 3-4" and soaked, and sloshing around for a couple hours.......Then it will drop to the low 20's,and freeze the ground.....Well thats fine,only problem is I only had a 30 minuite lunch 2 dry off,but still wet.......Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :'( :'(
Wish we could trade our next 4 months weather for Ron & Ann's Virginia Beach weather.... :icon_sunny:....The only thing I would miss might be the snow on Christmas....But that is only to see the kids enjoy it.............Yeah I'll trade Ron & Ann...........LOL

Cool! I'll take the trade. Growing up in NYC.....I love the SNOW! Infact, many times after getting stationed down here and there was no Snow...I would drive home just to have Snow...:)

I agree, I don't want to work in it as you do..I DO NOT like the cold, but I love it when it Snows. And driving in it, well, use common sense or stay off the road. All I want is ONE GOOD SNOWFALL...that's all! :thumbsup:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Of all snowiness related events, my favorite is when the big snow flakes fall and stick to all of the tree limbs like an inch high, and then stops snowing. I love the way a freshly snowed upon street lined with snow covered trees looks! Especially in the morning after with no cars out yet... just too peaceful to describe.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
>:(

Attachments

• 795735_1.jpg
    795735_1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 795735_1.jpg
    795735_1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 200

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
That's pretty funny Savant, but I don't know if I'd wanna have that in my yard with all of my neighbors embracing winter and the holiday season.

Here's a snowhead I did 3 years ago when the snow was just perfect for sculpting. It's called a snowhead because why waste time building a snowman when you can spend the same amount of time making just the head look really cool.

snowhead2005.jpg

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
very nice RM! Next time you build another Snowhead take your detector out and scan those grassy spots, you might get lucky! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread