New Hunting Vehicle

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
Well I did some trading of some old audio stuff and got me a new treasure hunting ride ;D. Its a 1946 willys jeep with a 4 cyl pinto motor put in it. Since the jeep is 62 years old (no seat belts) I am going to keep it to in town driving only. I have always been a jeep fan (this is my 14th) and I figured what better ride to go local treasure hunting in this summer. Its going to be warm on sunday so I am going to clean it up and paint it then(od green of course).

Attachments

• new jeep 1.JPG
    new jeep 1.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 337

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
WOW , i could do a lot with that: like lights on top , lock box in back , wench in front...... All kinds of stuff you can do......WTG :thumbsup:

P.S. don't forget ur waders ;D

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time I ever drove was a 1954 Willys Panel side,on my dads lap around a local junk yard...........Great time...............Trying to shift the 3 speed on the column with dad working the clutch..............Then in a 50's studebaker.....................LOL
Man I'm OLD :tongue3: But I don't lick the windows yet LOL.....
Congrats.........Love the OLE JEEPS

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brett, congrats on the ETRAC! I got one a few months ago. It took me a month or so to get used to it but once I did I wouldn't want to use anything else! One suggestion would be to get an X-1 inline probe for it. I got one and it is just awesome! You can use the probe in pinpoint and everything! God luck with it!

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Cool ride, and could come in handy if we get the ice they are calling for. Though it could be a cold ride.
And those look like some old homes in the background. Maybe Taylor/Grove area? There are some oldies in B/N worth checking out!

Happy Holidays

99Brown

Tim_IL

May 23, 2008
IL
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Whites DFX
Hey maxmoney I like the Jeep, here's a pic of my treasure hunting jeep.

DSCN4459.jpg

DSCN4030.jpg

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
My apologies to the Jeep guys, but I think I like that picture frame much more than the Jeep itself! "It's pretty sweeeet" - Cartman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread