All Treasure Hunting
Good luck!!! :tongue3:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Unfortunately yesterday was my hunting day. Today is reserved for the game and lounging around the house :) :coffee2:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
The weather is great! I'd be out if a) there wasn't still a ton of snow on the ground, and b) I didn't have this God-forsaken brace on my left arm. Good luck if you're heading out...wish I could!

Joe

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I got today in Crown Point. I went to the fairgrounds and hit a covered pole barn. The rest of the barns had a concrete floor. I only got two zincolns and two dimes but it was nice to get out for a while. There was a gun show there as well so I had to pick up some clips and ammo. So all and all not a bad day. SMAN...

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
After getting skunked at a great site yesterday I just had to get out today. The place Brett and went to yesterday
was recorded in the xxxxx County Record, July 11, 1872, as having 3000 people attending a 4th of July picnic, and was a very popular spot because of a gushing spring located there. I know we never got to the hot spot and for sure will be getting back there when the 8" of snow is gone. The digging was easy there in the woods so I decided to hit some closer woods today. These woods are in my subdivision but are exactly as they were in the '39 flyovers. I was hoping for a Merc or a Buffalo, but had fun getting out anyway.

I dug 295 Nickels last year but this one was a first for me.

Attachments

• johnsnew 041.jpg
    johnsnew 041.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 164

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Sneakin' out without me ay? Heh.. congrats on your finds. That's more than you and I found combined yesterday...

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
gates21 said:
Brett are you actually able to dig in this weather or are those just surface finds?

The digging was actually easy in the woods at both locations. But in the turf= concrete, wood chips=concrete, volleyball sand=concrete

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
gates21 said:
Brett are you actually able to dig in this weather or are those just surface finds?
Wherever the leaves seem to fall... the ground seems soft. Or, wherever the grass doesn't grow very dense, the ground also seems soft. Like butter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread