Illinois board or CRH board ?

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Re: Illinois board or CRH board ?

lol, you tell us. You post more about CRH lately than anyone else.

No, I'll tell you. It's CRH now, I make the rules. If you don't like it, then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Joe

p.s. Have a great day! :wink:

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

twistidd said:

No, I'll tell you. It's CRH now, I make the rules. If you don't like it, then cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

Joe

;D :D ;D

This is the Illinois board, not the Coin Roll Huntingboard.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
twistidd said:

Joe

Ok, that means we only talk about metal detecting on the metal detecting forum. We only talk about bottle digging in the bottles and glass forum. We only talk about tips and locations on those respective forums.

This is all we want to see on this forum:

"The State of Illinois ( /ɪlɨˈnɔɪ/ (help·info), pronounced ill-uh-NOY) is a state of the United States of America, the 21st to be admitted to the Union. Illinois is the most populous and demographically diverse[5] Midwestern state and the fifth most populous state in the nation. With Chicago in the northeast, small industrial cities and great agricultural productivity in central and western Illinois, and natural resources like coal, timber, and petroleum in the south, Illinois has a broad economic base. Illinois is an important transportation hub; the Port of Chicago connects the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River via the Illinois River. Illinois is often viewed as a microcosm of the United States; an Associated Press analysis of 21 demographic factors found Illinois the "most average state,"[6] while Peoria has long been a proverbial social and cultural bellwether.

Approximately 66% of the population resides in the northeastern corner of the state, primarily within the city of Chicago and the surrounding metropolitan areas.

With a population near 40,000 between 1300 and 1400 AD, the Mississippian city of Cahokia, in what is now southern Illinois, was the largest city within the future United States until it was surpassed by New York City between 1790 and 1800. About 2,000 Native American hunters and a small number of French villagers inhabited the Illinois area at the time of the American Revolution.[7] American settlers began arriving from Kentucky in the 1810s; they achieved statehood in 1818. The future metropolis of Chicago was founded in the 1830s on the banks of the Chicago River, one of the only natural harbors on southern Lake Michigan.[8] Railroads and John Deere's invention of the self-scouring steel plow made central Illinois' rich prairie into some of the world's most productive and valuable farmlands, attracting immigrant farmers from Germany and Sweden. Northern Illinois provided major support for Illinoisans Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant during the American Civil War. By 1900, the growth of industry in northern cities and coal mining in central and southern areas attracted immigrants from Eastern and Southern Europe, and made the state a major arsenal in both world wars. African-Americans migrating to Chicago from the rural South formed a large and important community, which created the city's famous jazz and blues cultures. Illinois was the political base of the current President of the United States, Barack Obama."

Pretty boring, eh?

I would suggest that you simply not view any post you don't think "fits" in this forum. Just read about the state of Illinois, and maybe go back and look at all of your short, bland, pointless posts that never really added anything interesting to this forum, other than the time you chipped railroad nails out of old ties. Wait, I'm sorry. That wasn't interesting. My mistake.

This is a web forum, not life, don't get so worked up over it. If you don't want to view someone's post, don't. Nobody's forcing you to. Don't be such a grouch!

Cheers.

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

twistidd said:
twistidd said:

Joe

Ok, that means we only talk about metal detecting on the metal detecting forum. We only talk about bottle digging in the bottles and glass forum. We only talk about tips and locations on those respective forums.

This is all we want to see on this forum:

"The State of Illinois ( /ɪlɨˈnɔɪ/ (help·info), pronounced ill-uh-NOY) is a state of the United States of America, the 21st to be admitted to the Union. Illinois is the most populous and demographically diverse[5] Midwestern state and the fifth most populous state in the nation. With Chicago in the northeast, small industrial cities and great agricultural productivity in central and western Illinois, and natural resources like coal, timber, and petroleum in the south, Illinois has a broad economic base. Illinois is an important transportation hub; the Port of Chicago connects the Great Lakes to the Mississippi River via the Illinois River. Illinois is often viewed as a microcosm of the United States; an Associated Press analysis of 21 demographic factors found Illinois the "most average state,"[6] while Peoria has long been a proverbial social and cultural bellwether.

Approximately 66% of the population resides in the northeastern corner of the state, primarily within the city of Chicago and the surrounding metropolitan areas.

With a population near 40,000 between 1300 and 1400 AD, the Mississippian city of Cahokia, in what is now southern Illinois, was the largest city within the future United States until it was surpassed by New York City between 1790 and 1800. About 2,000 Native American hunters and a small number of French villagers inhabited the Illinois area at the time of the American Revolution.[7] American settlers began arriving from Kentucky in the 1810s; they achieved statehood in 1818. The future metropolis of Chicago was founded in the 1830s on the banks of the Chicago River, one of the only natural harbors on southern Lake Michigan.[8] Railroads and John Deere's invention of the self-scouring steel plow made central Illinois' rich prairie into some of the world's most productive and valuable farmlands, attracting immigrant farmers from Germany and Sweden. Northern Illinois provided major support for Illinoisans Abraham Lincoln and Ulysses S. Grant during the American Civil War. By 1900, the growth of industry in northern cities and coal mining in central and southern areas attracted immigrants from Eastern and Southern Europe, and made the state a major arsenal in both world wars. African-Americans migrating to Chicago from the rural South formed a large and important community, which created the city's famous jazz and blues cultures. Illinois was the political base of the current President of the United States, Barack Obama."

Pretty boring, eh?

I would suggest that you simply not view any post you don't think "fits" in this forum. Just read about the state of Illinois, and maybe go back and look at all of your short, bland, pointless posts that never really added anything interesting to this forum, other than the time you chipped railroad nails out of old ties. Wait, I'm sorry. That wasn't interesting. My mistake.

This is a web forum, not life, don't get so worked up over it. If you don't want to view someone's post, don't. Nobody's forcing you to. Don't be such a grouch!

Cheers.

Joe

This is the Illinois board, not the Coin Roll Hunting board.

This is the Illinois board or CRH board thread!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think I'll just click my heels three times. . . and then go look through my change for some silver :tongue3:

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Lowbatts, TreasureFiend, watercolor,
your comments were interesting and
informative. Thanks for your replies.

TreasureFiend, I am sorry to hear that
you have decided to ignore my posts.

all have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Well Mr. Shermanville your admonitions have been noted.

As the guys do post their local finds here, CRH finds are just as metal detecting finds, we get a snapshot of those things coming exclusively from our area and don't have to ask further for definition regarding location.

I could read all the CRH posts in the CRH forum, asking each member to provide generic location info, but I'm not as intersted in Washington State CRH finds. And Oahu CRH finds would just confuse me to no end.

That's why I'm glad Jeff and PBK have let these guys continue doing this here.

To mock them openly is to invite a sometime ill-tempered response. Knowing them as little as I do though, they are a very even-tempered bunch who are just happy to share their finds with us. I would like to see you share in that excitement, hope you can one day.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3

OH OH, I'm from Minnesota......do I dare post anything here? (I ESCAPED Illinois 35+ yrs ago.)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

winter is over sit tight :icon_sunny:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

I'm going to be as nice as possible about this.

Sherman,

Kermit and I post in one thread per month here on the IL forum about our CRH finds which happen to be made in IL. We wish to share what we are finding with the other fellow residents of IL. I'm presuming they don't actually go browsing through the many posts in the dedicated CRH section of this site, and many of them have said as much. So far, more people than not are actually interested and happy to read our posts. You are the one that started up a bunch of random CRH threads in this forum, instead of adding your IL CRH experiences to our thread.

Please stop harassing us about this.

Regards,
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

Well, the thing is, you've been given the answer to your question several times now. I only "suggested" you put all of your CRH posts in the CRH section because you were asking all kinds of questions that were going to go unanswered here in the IL forum. Kermit and I are really just posting our finds for others to see. We are not posting about what we should do, other aspects of CRH, etc. which would be better suited in the dedicated CRH forum. I also got the impression that you were posting all of those CRH threads in the IL forum in spite of us, and to rally others into becoming annoyed with the fact that this isn't the dedicated CRH forum. From my point of view, this thread is designed to continue to ask a question you already know the answer to, in order to rally others into directing similar confusion our way, i.e. harassment. If that's not at all what it's about, and somehow you forgot the answer the last two times, then consider your question answered and now we can all continue posting under the rules of Treasurenet and the common sense that I know we all have as functional human beings.

OP
OP
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Brett,
agree with you 100 percent. :thumbsup:
"continue posting under the rules of Treasurenet
and the common sense that I know we all have ."

Hope you find a bunch this year.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Title of the Thread

Treasure Hunting > General Discussion - By Location > Illinois

First thing inline is Treasure Hunting

so Any Discussion related to Treasure Hunting, In General
that has to do with Illinois is On Topic the way I see.

Last I Checked CRH is treasure Hunting

trash n cash

Oct 14, 2007
Algonquin IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac / Garrett pro pointer

Rolling Illinois coin hunting board. Yep, thats what it is...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread