Still raining here!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hit the sledding hill in the downpour.

Nearby lightning gave me pause to consider the value of those two mems and think they'd do for today.

The bottle dumps can wait, they're awash in a gulley washer of glass and metal fragments right now.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
According to the weather reports for my area, the rain should be subsiding around 3 or 4 o'clock. If this turns out to be true, I'm out. I was ready to go yesterday morning and it rained literally as I was walking to my car. I had my gear and everything. I swore at the sky and told myself...tomorrow...we'll see.

Joe

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Cyn, we'd take the snow over this, we as long as the ground was this soft...

Yeah, the rain's gonna end but I have some grilling to get done at that time Joe, good hunting!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Tim, you're nuts bud.

Good luck Joe!

I hate going right after a rain because everything is just way too soupy and nasty for my tastes. Having to constantly wipe off your gloves is a pain.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out in the woods on Fri. and my holes were filling up with water pretty quick, and my pants were muddy up to my knees. (GF loved that). Good luck if you go out today. Can't wait for a break in this weather. -Jon

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Today is definitely going to be a tot lot day at best, I think...the ground is probably going to be too saturated. Talk about a blast from the past.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread