Still raining here!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2003
    Elgin
    Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
    62 times

Still raining here!

Hit the sledding hill in the downpour.

Nearby lightning gave me pause to consider the value of those two mems and think they'd do for today.

The bottle dumps can wait, they're awash in a gulley washer of glass and metal fragments right now.

us
    Apr 2007
    God's lap
    X-terra 70 ACE 250
    73 times

Re: Still raining here!

aaargh how frustrating for you! It is snowing here!

us
    Oct 2008
    Evergreen Park, IL

I have no inkling to even try to MD today. I put the rain gauge out Saturday AM and we are fast approaching 3'' ;-(
    [size=16pt]Plug once, probe twice.[/size]

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
    3 times

According to the weather reports for my area, the rain should be subsiding around 3 or 4 o'clock. If this turns out to be true, I'm out. I was ready to go yesterday morning and it rained literally as I was walking to my car. I had my gear and everything. I swore at the sky and told myself...tomorrow...we'll see.

Joe
    "Go deep or go home" - LAdigger

us
    Jul 2003
    Elgin
    Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
    62 times

Hey Cyn, we'd take the snow over this, we as long as the ground was this soft...

Yeah, the rain's gonna end but I have some grilling to get done at that time Joe, good hunting!

us
    Don't Drag Your Feet!

May 2008
    Montgomery, IL
    Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
    1 times

Tim, you're nuts bud.

Good luck Joe!

I hate going right after a rain because everything is just way too soupy and nasty for my tastes. Having to constantly wipe off your gloves is a pain.

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

I was out in the woods on Fri. and my holes were filling up with water pretty quick, and my pants were muddy up to my knees. (GF loved that). Good luck if you go out today. Can't wait for a break in this weather. -Jon
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
    3 times

Today is definitely going to be a tot lot day at best, I think...the ground is probably going to be too saturated. Talk about a blast from the past.

Joe
    "Go deep or go home" - LAdigger

Sponsored Links