Need Help IDing a couple of bottles
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Need Help ID'ing a couple of bottles

I found a couple of bottles at two different sites. The "Yankee Bottling Works" bottle came out at the same place I found my seated dime, and the "Orange Crush" bottle came out a little bit closer to home. I have no idea about bottles, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on them on the internet.

I know a few of you have some books on bottles and was hoping you can chime in with some info for me.

Both the bottles look pretty cool, now I just need to get some pipe cleaner and clean 'em out.

Thanks for the help guys! Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 072.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	306357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 075.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	306358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 077.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	306359   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 073.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	306360   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 076.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	306361  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coins 074.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	306362  
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

it
    Nov 2007
    Chicago
    White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
    1 times

Re: Need Help ID'ing a couple of bottles

Jon,

The brown bottle looks like it once had an applied label on it (kind of like modern bottles) as opposed to embossing, but I cannot tell for sure judging from the photos. It's probably not as old as the Yankee Bottling Works bottle, which appears to be much older, and is probably more collectible. I'm not a bottle expert but I do collect them and I for one would be thrilled to find one like that. Nice finds! Even if I cannot find any coins detecting, I can sometimes come away with some old glass like yours.

Joe
    "Go deep or go home" - LAdigger

us
    Dec 2006
    upstate N.Y.
    Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
    62 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Both are nice bottles.The orange crush bottle is a good one in the color that you have.I remember finding one just like it years ago and seem to remember it being worth a few bucks.I remember this because I had a bad experience when I found mine....I fell off a rock ledge while holding the bottle in one hand and my detector in the other....the landing was ....not good......but I did save the detector and the bottle. ....I think they may even have had to pry it from my clenched fingers at the ER.

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Quote Originally Posted by kieser sousa/rip
    Both are nice bottles.The orange crush bottle is a good one in the color that you have.I remember finding one just like it years ago and seem to remember it being worth a few bucks.I remember this because I had a bad experience when I found mine....I fell off a rock ledge while holding the bottle in one hand and my detector in the other....the landing was ....not good......but I did save the detector and the bottle. ....I think they may even have had to pry it from my clenched fingers at the ER.

Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope all is well now. I think it is a really neat bottle too.

Joe- I don't think it was a label. It looks like the Orange Crush was painted on. (But who knows, I for sure don't) The glass is waaay to thick for it to be modern...I think.
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

us
    Jul 2003
    Elgin
    Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
    57 times

Orange Crush has one highly collectible I know of, it's a black glass-paper label with foil seal from 1920-1930. Yours appears to be a frosted label, dark amber, very beautiful. Surprised to see that much frosting remaining if it came from the ground.

The Yankee bottle looks and is sized like a soda or mineral water bottle. Check around for those listings.

Here's some listings for painted-label bottles including one amber OC @ 7oz.
    http://www.marshallsbottles.com/PaintedLabelList.html

us
    Don't Drag Your Feet!

May 2008
    Montgomery, IL
    Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
    1 times

Are you kidding me with that bottle? How freaking beautiful is that old Orange Crush bottle?? I was just in a meeting today where a couple guys were getting orange crush's out of the vending machine and I wanted one bad. Still never got one and now you are teasing me with this!

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Here is another link someone in today's finds provided me with regarding the Crush bottle.

Thanks for the comments guys.

You'll get your soon Brett. Seems like there should be a good amount of them out there.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt/soda/Rosman-OC-amber.html
    2012Counts:
    Silver=27 Gold=4

May 2008
    Chicago
    Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
    3 times

Wish I could help you out, but the only thing I know about that Yankee bottle is I'd like to find one. Bilt46 knows a lot about bottles so he might be able to shed a little light.
    Mike

us
    Apr 2008
    Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
    E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
    23 times

Both of those bottles are winners in my book!

Very nice and hard to find out there intact!

All this reading about Orange Crush has made me very thirsty!
    God bless our veterans! Thank you for your sacrifices!

Sponsored Links