any free parking left at the chicago beachfront ?

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
There are no parking fees at Montrose. I was just there today. Even if the city tried to charge, they'd have no control, since parking there can be chaotic.

Joe

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
You might be referring to certain areas at North Ave beach. I think they charge for parking there, after a certain time, in select lots. It's worth it, though...North Ave is a good beach.

Scrounger, how do you like that Tesoro Silver Umax? I heard it goes pretty deep. How is the target separation on that machine? Thanks.

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Parking at NAB has been metered a long time, it's no longer metered but now gated and there's a ticket and a time-based charge like many other city parking areas, such as the Lincoln Park lot. You used to be able to go in before the gates "officially" opened at the Lincoln Park lot and not get charged but now the ticket machines rule the day there.

I think the new meters in other areas are actually more like 7 bucks an hour in prime parking areas but don't think they are going up anywhere near the parks or beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread