Picked up a lady on Roosevelt Rd. At the end of the day, I was dragon!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thanks again, Bob!!! Great party yesterday! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Kudos to you, to Ron Shore, and to all who donated prizes!

Got out for an all-dayer today, over 7 hours of swinging! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Let's see, Watercolor, Bucnrut, Twistidd, Mike Waz, and D-Dub were there, and even DP Bob made a cameo appearance! Didn't really find anything while scouting new areas in the woods, so I went out to the groves about halfway through the day. Things started picking up a little after that. It was Rosie day for the first three, then I found a Merc. Almost felt like throwing it away - NOT! :o

While trying to find a fifth silver, I dug a sweet signal that turned out to be a dragon pendant. It looks like silver, but I need to clean it a little more & see if there's a hallmark. With all the twists & turns, it sure did pinpoint funny. When I first saw it, I thought it was a smashed & twisted screw cap.

Silver in hole small.jpg

Finds small.jpg

Dragon small.jpg

Lot's of good hunters out there today, and we had the place more or less to ourselves. It was a good day! I even got to touch Joe's war nickel! :thumbsup:

I hope you all got some good finds today!!! :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice digs Neil! Found an almost exaclty same dragon pendant some years back, with the quartz (I think) in place also!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Whoever designed that pendant messed up big time... it looks like a dragon stroking his big crystal shlong... LOL! (I'm hoping that's not what was intended)

Great finds Neil!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made it!!!!!!!
That's all that counts.... ;D ;D
Better late than never.... ;D ;D

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

WTG Bud on those recoveries....
Still tring to top that 5 silver day huh

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brett said:
Whoever designed that pendant messed up big time... it looks like a dragon stroking his big crystal shlong... LOL! (I'm hoping that's not what was intended)

Great finds Neil!

You might be right...
Think of where he found it...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Look at it, it's screaming as though he is having a ********* LOL

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Neil; The dragon pendent is awesome . How deep was it? If shallow it wanted to be lost and if deep the owner wanted to loose it. Quartz is a great source of energy. The Dragon has now found its proper master and he will lead you to greater treasures. HH extractor

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
DP BOB said:
Brett said:

Great finds Neil!

You might be right...

lmao, both of you!

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Brett said:
Oh man!!! I gotta stop coughing! I'm laughed so hard I can't stop! :laughing7: I thought it looked like that, too.

Looks like he's got his own personal thumb rocket! ;D Do dragons have thumbs??? :dontknow:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
twistidd said:
DP BOB said:
Brett said:

Great finds Neil!

You might be right...

lmao, both of you!

Now that's just wrong, all of you!

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
extractor said:
Hi Neil; The dragon pendent is awesome . How deep was it? If shallow it wanted to be lost and if deep the owner wanted to loose it. Quartz is a great source of energy. The Dragon has now found its proper master and he will lead you to greater treasures. HH extractor

Thanks, Extractor! He was about 3 1/2 inches in the turf. I hope you're right about the energy!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Hey Neil, it was good to see you out there, especially watching you dig that Rosey. I'm glad you were able to squeak a merc out of there before you took off.

Now, that shlong-hugging creepy-thing you found, well, that's another story. That's something I'd either a) offer to the nearest detectorist, or b) re-bury. JK!

Joe

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Neil, that crystal energy stuff is a bunch of hooey. But... you probably had a great day from carrying those nudie tokens I gave ya. :laughing7:

Fantastic day of hunting man! Wish we could have made it there but our hunt time was limited to noon, and had to stay closer to home. :(

WTG on racking up 4 more beauties!! :thumbsup:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Digs Kimsdad............You really got the shiney today......Congrats

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tree you were hunting under must have been shedding Rosie's instead of leaves :o

That crystal dragon is sweet :thumbsup:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice finds Neil!
That small coil sure did a number on the silver. I've never seen a three horned dragon before! He sure has a look of satisfaction on his face.

It sure turned into a nice day out there and it was nice meeting Bucnrut and Ddub finally.
Mike

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
litefire56 said:
Neil, that crystal energy stuff is a bunch of hooey. But... you probably had a great day from carrying those nudie tokens I gave ya. :laughing7:

I can't rule anything out - it's all in what you believe! :wink:

(I took the tokens with just in case.) ;D

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT FINDS NEIL , WTG ON A GREAT HUNT !!! :laughing7:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
mikewaz said:
Nice finds Neil!
That small coil sure did a number on the silver. I've never seen a three horned dragon before! He sure has a look of satisfaction on his face.

It sure turned into a nice day out there and it was nice meeting Bucnrut and Ddub finally.
Mike

Three-horned dragon!! LOL!!!

This thread is going to live on in infamy. We will forever discuss the Legend of the Crystal Shlong at every get-together from this day onward.

Joe

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Great hunt Neil and great seeing you for a second time this weekend!.

It seems like hitting that little area hard and slow really paid off. Is that were the Merc came from too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread