Any group ideas for a Thanksgiving weekend hunt?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Daughter coming in with husband and 3 kids - departure date unknown - availability as yet uncertain. Will keep watching this thread with fingers crossed! :)

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who ever is going to have one PM with the details.......

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I'd like to get down with you guys, haven't seen a few of you in a minute or two.

Yeah, keep me posted too!

Joe

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My poisen ivy has finally cleared up so I'm down for some huntin, keep me posted!!! It sucked, this was my worst ivy attack yet - starting at my finger tips all up both arms half way up to my shoulders, on my neck and face and ears and some on both of my hips!!! The damn'd thing is that I was wearing gloves, a teeshirt, sweater, jeans, and a hat with my headphones!!! I could see getting it on my face (forhead and nose) as that was the only spot that wasn't covered but man I looked like I was a burn victim. Also I remember sayin something like "I think I am getting immune to it"... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Be careful, Kermit. Things I learned on line:

The reaction caused by poison ivy, urushiol-induced contact dermatitis, is an allergic reaction. Around 15% to 30% of people have no allergic response, but most people will become sensitized with repeated or more concentrated exposure to urushiol, resulting in increasingly severe reactions. Reactions can progress to anaphylaxis.

Urushiol oil can remain active for several years, so handling dead leaves or vines can cause a reaction. In addition, oil transferred from the plant to other objects (such as pet fur) can cause the rash if it comes into contact with the skin. Clothing, tools, and other objects that have been exposed to the oil should be washed to prevent further transmission.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Kermit,

That sucks. When I hunt in the woods and get home, I always make sure that when I remove my clothes to take a shower, I don't touch any part of my body with the gloves or the outside of my clothes. Also, when you go to tie your shoes the day after a woods hunt, remember that you may be transfering the oils from your shoelaces to your fingers, then to your arms, etc. All it took was the one bad rash I had from the camp to be REALLY careful. Good luck buddy.

Joe

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SO FAR ITS LOOKING LIKE THE TEMPATURES WILL BE IN THE LOW 40'S NEXT WEEKEND! :mblah05:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
I can except low 40's as long as it doesn't rain. Was out all day Wednesday with Jon. 50* and raining, mud head to toe. Any colder and I would have called it quits.

We come up with a location yet, or should we PM suggestions, Tim?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Yep, no ideas on a spot myself, just wondering if we should mass attack somewhere and have fun!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Let's get something going here! I'm out no matter how cold it is! As long as there is no rain.

Joe

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
twistidd said:
Let's get something going here! I'm out no matter how cold it is! As long as there is no rain.

Joe

Any parks Goio hasn't been to yet?

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
back to the top....

So whats going on? count me in.....