Hour Hunt This Morning

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Got over to my local old park on the bright this morning to scan some construction dirt. They were tearing up the ground to put in some new features for the park, and had just flattened out all of the piles of dirt that we excavated for the concrete slabs. I heard about this after my Dad hit the place, and he was even late to hit it... so it had been over already. When asking permission for myself the worker replied, "sure, but it's been hit hard already."

First swing I got a wheatie at 1" (1944). Then within' a few feet I had another wheatie (1936). Things slowed a bit, as I tried to scan some dirt piles that were left unflattened, but doubling back I found another wheatie (1929) along the way and then scanned up near a smaller concrete pad and got a nice surface dime hit. I brushed away some of the loose topsoil and to my surprise revealed a 1939-d Merc! Well that was easy! I wish they were all right on top like that ... I bet the first guy through really got some goodies.

I like nice short hunts in the morning... I'll have to start doing that more often because it's hardly tiring, and it wakes me up pretty effectively.

1117200901.jpg
1117200902.jpg

Construction sites do have their downsides though... bobcats and gravel are a little unforgiving with coins.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Wow, that was some easy digging! I was only there for about 10 mins waiting for our new hunting buddy to show up. We then hit it over to the area of new permission. But I did score 3 quick wheats there , '16, '41, 44.
Nice Merc! :thumbsup:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Great morning hunt, Brett! :icon_thumleft:

And more surface silver for the group? Is this a sign of things to come? :dontknow: :tongue3: Let's hope so.....

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times those quick short hunts produce goodies.....Thats why I love doing them too....

Nice silver.....

67 for me....

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Hey Brett,

Sorry I beat you to the park! But at least I left you a scarred merc! You should have seen the AU seateds and Barbers popping up at one inch!

LOL, jk...nice job on the silver and wheats, looks like the typical results of an all-day hunt for me.

Joe

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT FINDS , BRETT!

Top Member Reactions