Body found-- I was just hunting in these woods a month ago....

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I think we need to revisit Mark's post on the pocket spill he found near a sleeping bag last week.....

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner! Ooops, it wasn't found by anyone on tnet was it? Never mind. M :tongue3: nty

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know honestly I cover a lot of ground out in the woods and in a lot of place where an average runner/walker wouldn't go. I am always looking around and I have found a lot of old hobo camps and such, and it is always in the back of my mind that someday I could come across a body/ crime scene. I don't know but I sortta feel like I am actually doing the community a service by going so far off the paths out to remote areas because if I did find a body, gun or drugs I would definitely call the cops.

I don't know how other feel about this but this is what believe. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
You know honestly I cover a lot of ground out in the woods and in a lot of place where an average runner/walker wouldn't go. I am always looking around and I have found a lot of old hobo camps and such, and it is always in the back of my mind that someday I could come across a body/ crime scene. I don't know but I sortta feel like I am actually doing the community a service by going so far off the paths out to remote areas because if I did find a body, gun or drugs I would definitely call the cops.

I agree I have come across a lot of hobo camps too...some times it's creepy....

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats where I normally find my Barber halves....is right next to those hobo camps.

Nothing wrong with those at all.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be my luck..

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
TreasureFiend said:

I agree. :thumbsup:

Once, I caught site of myself in the car mirror all dressed up for a woods hunt and almost called the cops on myself! :o

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Kimsdad said:
TreasureFiend said:

I agree. :thumbsup:

Once, I caught site of myself in the car mirror all dressed up for a woods hunt and almost called the cops on myself! :o

LOL, or at least the fashion police. :laughing7:

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
I've been told more than once that I'm crazy to go off and hunt alone....that I could be the bones found someday.

Part of that is good advice - don't hunt alone. The other part of the story is if I have my violent looking digging blade in my hand and get my special brand of angry face going...no one is going to bother me. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread