bugs

Jul 26, 2009
IL South of 80
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand what this posting is about. Are you saying you found your gold in IL?

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
bugs said:
I don't understand what this posting is about. Are you saying you found your gold in IL?

That's right.

That's a crazy good looking molten blob of gold too. I sometimes find blobs of metal in parks, but they've gotta be just blobs of melted aluminum. I've never been fortunate enough to find some AU nuggies.

The greek stamps... any chance it WAS a ring that melted in a fire? Or do they look stamped post melt?

bugs

Jul 26, 2009
IL South of 80
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes those are blobs. I have detecting and running power sluices in the weaver mining district of arizona for a long time and I have never seen any placer gold like that. I would like to see the assay report.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice gold!

Joe

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best find :icon_thumright:

I just bought another detector last week end the (Gold Bug); It was on sale at Cabella's $100.00 off
so I snatched it up for my next outing. I saw your post on the WI board so I thought I would look you up on the IL board. Your find has my blood rising since I caught the fever years ago staying in Colorado.
I have been prospecting So. WI for a couple of years now and haven't found any thing more than flower gold, so your find has awakened my thought possessor and am looking at some new areas.
If you head out to that area again I would be glad to drive down to meet up with you and try this new bug of mine out. I think your find is one of the best that I have seen for that area. More AU 2 U Bumpstick!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glaciers moved some nice stuff down from Canada. Gold and Diamonds have been found in WI.. Gold from the Plum river and Diamonds N.W. of Milwaukee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread