Man o man! Its really here - the winter no hunting blues!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Man 'o' man! It's really here - the winter no hunting blues!

Seems we're finally through with the good weather for a while. No hunting, no good finds, no new messages on the forum....

Well, no hunting & no finds, but here's at least something to look at. Some great vintage ads.

My favorite old invention:

Vacuum cap.jpg

I wonder if it works... :icon_scratch:

Here's the runner up:

Bow legs.jpg

This one would have been runner up, but I can't decide whether I'm more creeped out or offended by it. :dontknow: ;D

Dummy cop.jpg

Want a new career? We hire none but the best! (Mail this coupon before you lose it, stupid!) ::)

rail.jpg

I always wondered where part-time men shopped for clothes. J. Edgar Hoover must have shopped here:

Part time men.jpg

Now that you have your suit, you need to have "A whole new life" open up to you! You need to learn the Xylorymba! I don't know about the claims in this ad. It seems like all the ladies have hooked up with the guys who can dance. I think they're noticing how much the xylorimba player looks like one of those old wind-up toys with the monkey playing the cymbals.

Xylophone.jpg

That's probably why I've never found pieces of a xylorimba while out hunting. I have found plenty of harmonica reeds, though. Here's the ad campaign that is probably responsible for many of the old reeds we find out in the woods.

Harmonica.jpg

Closing out this post is a handy household tip! You thought lead toys in your Cracker Jack box were a problem? Nothing says comfort and safety like a little cut-to-fit asbestos cord in the kitchen! "Man this stuff is dusty when I cut it!" :-\

Asbestos.jpg

Hopefully this below and near zero weather will break soon, and the woods hunters among us will venture out again! Stay warm & HH! :wink:

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Re: Man 'o' man! It's really here - the winter no hunting blues!

Is it just me or does the traffic control cop look just a bit like Chucky of the horror movies ? I wouldn't give that thing 5 hours before it was run over.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Hey Neil, don't knock the hair-growing cap, how do you think I got hair this thick and lush?

Someone told me to have a shot of everclear once to put hair on my chest, but I had already used the chest version of this product. No consumption of strong liquor here, alls I need is my chest-cap.

Joe

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75

Funny post Neil, I got a kick out of them all.

Since work has been slow, I've been playing my Xylorimba down in the subway to make a few bucks. So far so good, and might just go full time with it.

Well.....the natives are getting restless so I guess it's Back to the Xylorimba!! :hello2:
Mike

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

in todays era, that cop traffic light would become a target for road rage drivers. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread