Christmas gift....

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
OK, I got a new Minelab ExplorerII Pro for Christmas. After reading and rereading the manual I have mastered the on and off function. With the difference between the Minelab and my DFX and all the snow on the ground and the temp outside I should have this all figured out by Spring............. Yeah, Spring of 2011. :tongue3:

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the minelab. It will preform well in your area!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey, you're still around! Wifey hasn't turned you into worm food yet, so you got time. Where are you at in Dupage, Dave? I don't venture too far in there but hit Bartlett a couple times a year and the County Fair every couple years. Still a few old places along 38 and 64 to hit if you can find the owners.

OP
OP
davebien

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I'm a bit east of RT.59 and just off of Rt.64. I hope to get permission from a few places here in DuPage Seems most of the good looking places are FPD properties, but I do have the OK from a couple of park districts, etc. Until Spring, which may come around July, I'll just reread the manual and put up with all the political ads on TV.

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
I was waiting on your update and glad you're still around. You'll get the hang of that Explorer but to speed things up, hunt with a buddy or two and swap signals. If he has a keeper under the coil, sweep over it and watch your VDI and pay attention to the tone. That'll put you on the right track a lot quicker than going it alone.
Have fun with it!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread