Group hunt in NW Indiana today

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. After hunting for nearly 12 hours yesterday, and coming away with nothing more than $6.14 in clad (including 15 clad quarters), I was a little discouraged, especially with Pats awesome finds. My oldest coin yesterday was a '60 memorial penny. I headed out to NW Indiana early this morning for a group hunt. MUCH better day today. Found my 4th silver of the year, a '46 Roosie on edge about 4 inches down. She was right at the edge of where I cut my plug, and was ever so slightly nicked by my Lesche, but is still a sweet coin. One of the other hunters found a mens 14k gold ring, everyone else found only clad. On the way home, I decided to hit a large tot lot that I believed hadn't been hit before. Man was I right!! 3 hrs of solid hunting netted me just over $3 in clad (including a whopping 22 dimes!!), and a small earring with a pink stone in it that I think is just kids junk jewelry (it rang up as a nickel). Todays totals: '46 Roosie, small silver(y) earring w/ pink stone, $4.82 in clad (8 quarters, 24 dimes, 4 clad Jefferson nickels, and 22 memorial pennies (21 copper and a lone crumbly, crusty '85 zincer). I guess I shouldn't complain about things being slow for me on the silver front, what with me digging $10.96 in clad in only 2 days...Thoughts and observations on yesterdays and todays hunts: I have come to the conclusion that the Ace is a clad MAGNET, and totally tears up the tot lots; however, I will STILL be buying an E-Trac as soon as I can afford one. Coins on edge ring up solid (such as todays '46 Roosie), which is a good thing. I will need to worry less about grass/lawn appearance, and start digging bigger plugs to avoid scraping silver. That's about it for now....pics below. Enjoy!! :)

Attachments

• Picture 58.jpg
    Picture 58.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 140
  • Picture 59.jpg
    Picture 59.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 60.jpg
    Picture 60.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Picture 61.jpg
    Picture 61.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 143

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Nice persistence there and congrats on silver #4, that is no small task.

Clad the Impaler said:
I have come to the conclusion that the Ace is a clad MAGNET, and totally tears up the tot lots; however, I will STILL be buying an E-Trac as soon as I can afford one.

Good thing you are digging up all that clad, but you should take L4S's warning pretty seriously :laughing9: You might want to consider this model instead, yours for only 20 GBP, (maybe 34 USD?)
142488.jpg

Attachments

• 142488.jpg
    142488.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 126

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250