Got our kicks on Rt. 66

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I got out with Brett yesterday to a new area where I lined up permission to hunt. Well the main
place I thought would be killer turned out to be a bust with just a couple keepers. Switched to plan B
down the road a ways and we started popping some Injuns and silver there. We were about to leave when a older fella pulls up on his golf-cart and offers us permission to hunt his bean field which
was a turn of the century ball diamond. Oh heck ya,, lets do it! Most of our keepers for the day
came from this field, and I was glad to see Brett finally get "On board" for the year, but not too pleased about the major arse whooping he gave me. :laughing7: j/k son...

Ended up with a 19 Merc, 54 Rosie, 12 wheats from '11 to '46 and a Sterling ring.

1877 High School--Plan A

Attachments

• 1877school.jpg
    1877school.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 220
  • johnsnew 4585.jpg
    johnsnew 4585.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 223

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Wow, I think we might be tied on wheaties! Congrats on the silver dimes and sweet ring! It was definitely a nice day for hunting and we came home with some goodies. I will be posting tonight hopefully after I get my lawn mowed.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of keepers. Gotta love it when someone gives you permission on the fly after plan A was a bust. Thanks for the tip the other day about DC phase ON. HH DFW

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Great Job finding that site and getting some nice finds!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pile of goodies bud, pound that place into submission!!! :icon_pirat:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Gotta love those contingency hunts! Nice work!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go! Glad you guys were able to get out and get Brett aboard the silver train. Can't wait to see his finds. :thumbsup:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Great hunt. Need to see about getting permission to hunt some the places around me. Lots of old houses with big yards. Could pay off.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON SOME NICE FINDS!

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Great job - we are jealous. We finally got moved down here to Puerto Rico but are still waiting for our furniture and metal detectors to arrive, (of course US Customs picked our stuff to do a "Random inspection" on so who knows how long its going to take now). In the meantime, we are scouting out beaches and parks for future exploration. Still have not seen anybody with a metal detector so hopefully there are endless possibilities for us!!

Steve

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D-Dub said:
Great hunt. Need to see about getting permission to hunt some the places around me. Lots of old houses with big yards. Could pay off.

Nope, permission DENIED!!! :laughing7:

OP
OP
litefire56

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
JAN2011 said:
Great job - we are jealous. We finally got moved down here to Puerto Rico but are still waiting for our furniture and metal detectors to arrive, (of course US Customs picked our stuff to do a "Random inspection" on so who knows how long its going to take now). In the meantime, we are scouting out beaches and parks for future exploration. Still have not seen anybody with a metal detector so hopefully there are endless possibilities for us!!

Steve

Hey, good to hear from you Steve, and glad the move went well!
And you're jealous of our meager finds? ;D I think its the other way around.,. pretty soon you and Gloria are going to be posting 8 Reales and 24k jewelry.

Can't wait to see your future finds from down there...

ps- If you need anymore tips with the DFX, I can be there in 24hrs. :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread