5/6/10 Finds

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Got out with L4S today. First keepers came in the form of a pocket spill. 3 wheaties, a Roosie, and the war nickel. After cleaning out the plug, I started sweeping around and not more than 8" away, I got a half dollar reading right on the surface. I was thinking to my self, no way, but its on the surface so I investigated. Took out the pro pointer and zeroed in. Brushed the dirt away with my hand and the reeded edge of a 1944D half appeared stuck in the dirt at a 45* angle. I couldn't believe it. The pocket spill was deep at about 6" or so, so I was not expecting it to be a half.

After 2 more hours of solid panning of the area we and picking up a few more wheaties, we decided to start heading back to the car. As we were walking back, I saw I nice bluff which had an old unused path along it, we took 20 minutes or so check out it. Ended up cleaning out a handful of Jefferson's which dated right before and after the war nickel era, another Roosie, a couple of wheaties, and the last keeper of the day, an 1865 IH in beautiful condition. We will definitely be giving this little bluff and trail a fuller investigation in the future.

Anyway good luck this weekend to anyone getting out and HH!

870_0298.JPG

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Just let us comment.
Excellent!

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dub...

My efforts of positive accolades are mere pittance in comparison to the the argento you have posted.

Rock On With Your Bad Boy Argento Finding Self ... :headbang:

~ Al

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another AWESOME hunt bud, your on fire!!!! I wonder how many halfs have been pulled from the Chicagoland area this year, man they are still out there people!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
d-dub

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Better believe it. Another half was pulled out today. I won't say what year it was. I'll let L4S tell the story....

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Congrats on a silvery day and a nice Walker :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread