Detecting in the pain

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Help me out bucko's.
Living large with a fractured root in number 2, that's second in top right of mouth. Advil does the trick mostly but I pass the time thinking of Dustin Hoffman in Marathon Man being asked by Laurence Olivier, Is it safe?

Steve Martin in Little Shop Of Horrors

Christopher Walkin and Tom Berenger in Dogs Of War

And of course one of my favorite bad dentistry scenes, Tom Hanks, a rock and a skate blade from Castaway

Down at Doctor Drillbits House of Pain this morning and he said fairly certain it's a bad fracture, going to someone with a longer title tomorrow for more certainty and check writing. Can't wait, can't stand the thought of going.... Torn between two evils. Pain and painful fix.

Got any painful dental scenes in mind to tide me over?

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
litefire56 said:
Damm, you beat me to it, John! ;D

"I can pull 'em blindfolded." :laughing7:

untitled.jpg

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have 4 Oxycontin tabs ,left over from my rotater cup surgery,I didn't like this med,it worked so well that I couldn't eel my feet touching the ground. :dontknow:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when i was in the army i went to the military dentist with one impacted molar, they decide to remove all 4 at once. dummy me i said OK go for it. I hurt for several weeks afterward not because of the the tooth being removed but because of the cracked jaw bone because of the force used to remove the tooth that was impacted!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
pulled a couple of my own teeth "at sea" in the merchant marine on a couple differant times --they went bad and it was a long long time to port -- dental floss several turns around the tooth --tied to the door knob -- kick the door closed -- clean up the area by washing yer mouth with listerine -- after getting off the deck from the godawful pain of the listerine hitting the raw nerve root --- you moan in pain for a couple days till the swelling goes down --self dentestry --nothing like it --not for the faint of heart.

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After thinking about this toothache movie thing, I would have to say my all time favorite toothache scene is from the Ren & Stimpy Show and the episode was called Ren's Toothache. Maybe your tooth beaver is just hungry for some tasty nerve endings!

I looked for the episode on Youtube but the only versions I could find were either in German or Spanish or ones that people had adulterated and ruined.

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Yeah, just got back from having number two and number three yanked. Doc had to use the carbide saw for some of the work, hot embers everywhere!

22/23 millimeter roots! Some of the longest in the history of upper teeth! Man do I feel good!

Just in time for free pizza night at work!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SNL season 5 episode 98 Kirk Douglas hosted

"Micro dentists" are sent on a mission into Anwar Sadats mouth......

"Capt. McCloud: (holding beer can) We've got company: taste buds. Lousy, stinking taste buds." :laughing9:
(I've be lookig for the video for 2 days :-\ )

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Well here's a shot of me on the ride home:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread