1918 SLQ

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
A bunch of us got together last weekend and hunted with some folks from Coinhunting.net. I had a great time seeing the guys from this forum and meeting new friends from the other one. The finds were few and far between (cept for Etrac 007 the :icon_pirat:) but I did manage an SLQ with some what of a date on it. Once I got it out of the ground I saw the '18 and was happy to get an SLQ with a date. (those are few and far between) L4S took a look at it and said it looked like it might be an 18 over 17. I got home and looked at it through a loop and I think he may be right. With the damage to the edge in two places, I decided not to send it in to PCGS to have it authenticated but after thinking about it, it would be nice to have it checked by the pros to see if it really is or not. Hopefully I can get it shipped off after getting back from TEXAS next week. Thanks for looking. TMAN...

Attachments

• SDC10160.JPG
    SDC10160.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 150

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Way to go Tracy! How'd that South Bend get-together go?

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Nice SLQ Tman! :thumbsup: Hope it turns out to be a rare one.... any close-up pics?

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S = Superior

L = Luscious

Q = Quarter

Congratulations ~ Al

OP
OP
tmanfromtexas

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Lowbatts said:
Way to go Tracy! How'd that South Bend get-together go?

The SB hunt was nice. Met quite a few Tnetters from Indiana. RC2125 found a barber dime and it was the only silver found for the day.

litefire56 said:
Nice SLQ Tman! :thumbsup: Hope it turns out to be a rare one.... any close-up pics?

My camera doesnt do the close up pics well. The macro isnt that great. I had to use a loop to just get the pic I got. LOL. TMAN...

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Great seeing you again, Tracy. It did look like something was weird with the 8 but was hard to tell because of the wear though.
Hope it turns out to be a rare one.

Keith (Indiana)

Jan 4, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Definitely a super coin either way tman! CONGRATS again! Sorry I missed you at the hunt. We'll be planning a Summer hunt soon.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
T-man,
Great job on that one. Can't believe you were only 15 feet from me when that came up. I know you have an abundance of SLQ's this year, but as I have yet to find one, I am in awe.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread