Two lazy hunts last two days - got a few!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I was driving along minding my own business with my detector in the trunk, when I saw a park I hadn't hit. Yesterday was a beautiful day, so I decided to stop. In about two hours, I got about $2.70 in change, a token from the now gone Twin Links batting cages in Mt. Prospect, and a 47 Rosie (no pics). Today was great weather-wise, and I had a couple hours in the morning to spare, so I went back. Ten minutes in, I got a '57 Rosie.

57 Rosie small.jpg

I hung around for just over two hours. Picked up around $2.30 in change, some wheats and a 2002 rabies tag :thumbsup:. My time was up, and as I was heading for the car, I got a deep solid quarter signal. I dug down and saw a shiny rim.

Washington in hole.jpg

It doesn't look it in the pic, but this baby was around 7 or 8 inches deep. It turned out to be a '43 George. :) What a nice surprise and a great way to end the hunt!

fINDS SMALL.jpg

Two beautiful days to laze my way through a nice park, and good finds both days! It was a good time for sure!

Thanks for checking out my finds and HH!!! :wink:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.........and you didn't even get a sunburn. Great Hunt! :icon_sunny:

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Neil!! Never turn that detecter off when your headed back to the car.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice finds Neil!

Was that batting cage on top of Mount Prospect? I remember climbing up there once...

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I think on those "no pressure" hunts we're more in tuned with our machines and
not so concerned about who's finding the most goodies.

Some of my best hunts have been solo. Or maybe Bretts Etrac just jams my signal. :laughing7:

Nice lazy finds Neil! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
litefire56 said:
I think on those "no pressure" hunts we're more in tuned with our machines and
not so concerned about who's finding the most goodies.

Some of my best hunts have been solo. Or maybe Bretts Etrac just jams my signal. :laughing7:

Nice lazy finds Neil! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You hit the nail on the head as far as pressure goes, John! I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to come up with a seated before. Trouble is, it was taking the fun out of hunting. I was telling Gibbsium the other day that when I found that '47 Rosie it made me smile. That's more than any seated has ever done for me! Now, I don't really care if I ever find one. Any silver makes me happy! Just like Clouseau's boss, day by day, in every way, I'm getting better and better. ;D

Clipboard02.jpg

As for Brett, you'd better watch out for him and those Arduino projects.... ;D

Thanks for all the great comments, everyone!

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Nice silver Neil! You need more lazy days they are paying off.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Great finds Neil! Wish I had more days like yours..

I would never intentionally jam a MD signal, but I do believe the E-Trac and Whites don't play well. I've been telling my dad to just get an E-Trac from Ron Shore and we can hunt side by side without problems. I think that's true for the most part, as long as we are on different channels. Setup is easy, I never change my settings... haven't since I got my E-Trac. In fact I set it up based on my Explorer SE Pro, and learned what the new features did and just set it and forget it. I guess I shouldn't mention this, but there was that time I rewired my dad's headphones with a new cable... all I remember is that it was a tricky job. Should of also added that subliminal message looper circuit in there "buy an E-Trac trac trac trac" .... "Mmmmm-Minelab lab lab lab"

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet trifecta Neil ... :icon_thumright:

Way to persevere ... Rock On ... :headbang:

~ Al

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Brett said:
Should of also added that subliminal message looper circuit in there "buy an E-Trac trac trac trac" .... "Mmmmm-Minelab lab lab lab"

I wouldn't have minded if you put one in that said "Quit smoking, dumb a$$"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread