Mini group hunt today-3 sites, 3 keepers

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Met up with DFW, Lowbatts, Watercolor and Clad today out at Richards old site. It was good to see some old faces and meet some new. I only managed a 26 wheat before we got rained out there, so we split to Tim's Cottonwood Pk.
Once again the rain hit there after only 45 mins or so, and all I had to show for it was my same 26 wheat.
On my way home I decided to stop by the old picnic grove that gave up a nice pocket spill
earlier this year. The mosquito's there were ferocious, and within 10 mins I headed back to
my car to go home.
About 30 more steps to the car I get a nice quarter signal and up came the "Ike" token. The
bloodsuckers were thinning out as this was the edge of the woods, so I decide to stay and swing a bit more. Sure glad I did as my next signal was a perfect dime at 1" on top of a huge tree root.
I scraped the dirt off the root and the 1913 Barber was laying there. I could hardly believe we missed this after hitting this area so many times before.
Hope you guys scored some goodies today!
LF

Attachments

• johnsnew 4626.jpg
    johnsnew 4626.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 179
  • johnsnew 4628.jpg
    johnsnew 4628.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 181
  • johnsnew 4631.jpg
    johnsnew 4631.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 182
  • johnsnew 4632.jpg
    johnsnew 4632.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 186
M

MR Senior L4S

congratulation on super time sharing hunt. !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Great wrap up to a rain-delayed day John!

I haven't been down to that area for about 8-10 years but it sounds like it's calling me back!

Down at the riverside park just south of there I found a string of Kennedys one day in a row about 15 years ago. All clad sad to say.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice barber. Not a bad group of finds considering you were dodging raindrops and mosquitos (they really suck this year. Pun intended).
HH
John

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Wow! The barber and token are terrific! I wish I could have hunted with you today, but we had plans with the family. Big BBQ and park day... which was actually pretty fun once we got out there (2.5 hour drive one way).

Congrats on a sweet silver find! I gotta start catching up to you before you pull too far ahead again :-)

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice way to end the day John with silver. Thanks for the DFX adjustments. Glad you made it up this way to hunt, just wish the weather would have held off longer. HH DFW

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That nice little trio looks tasty ... :icon_thumright:

Congratulations my good man ...

~ Al

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007