Dime Trifecta! 6-5-10

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Started out meeting Paul at a smaller but older northside park I have never hunted before. 2 hours later I had a 1946 Rosie and only one wheatie. Went home before the rain came. Decided to go back out after the rain this afternoon and I am glad I did. I went to my old reliable north side park I have hunted alot for the past two years and it still gives up the goodies. The signals were really coming in good today through the wet soil. I also turned the deep setting to "off" on my etrac as I have read recently on another forum that some people turn it to "off" to remove the filtering and that the machine runs a bit smoother and the deeper signals actually sound better as long as you are running with a higher sensitivity - say 25. Well I don't know if it was that, the wet ground or just luck but it worked for me today. I hunted an area I have hit pretty heavy and found a 1916 Barber (full liberty), a 1942D Merc, a 1945D Merc and 2 Injuns (1904 and 1906) Also found a whopping 22 wheaties. Found a corroded religious medallion that is dated 1930 at the bottom and ironically found a baseball pin that has the date of 1930 to the left of the player.

001.jpg
003.jpg

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like i'll have to hit that park sometime! CONGRATS ON ALL THE SILVER TODAY!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on those recent finds. Isn't it a sweet surprise when silver pops up in an area you know you've hunted alot??? Love those I.H.s and grats on the 22 wheaties in one hunt!! DFW

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
You killed it again Patrick! WTG on that awesome Barber and the baseball pin is sweet! A real
collector piece. :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Amazing quality on those silvers Patrick, you gots the touch!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Wow! Sharp Barber and Merc! Very cool baseball pin too! That's a heckofa lotta coins that came out of a rain and some tweaked settings... you're doing a lot of things right!

Al Czervik

Apr 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Teknetics® Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A stellar assortment my good man ... :icon_thumright:

Congratulations ~ Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread