Unbelieveable 1 Hour Hunt Close 2 Home

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Today was a bitter sweet day to begin with... sweet because we got to check our finished new home! It was amazing top to bottom, and so much more room. Can't wait to get in there next week :) Bitter because I got home and learned my boss at work put in his two week notice today, a real shocker.

So my Dad called me and said to get out to this new spot he got a merc near just recently... today he found some neat things and definitely set the bar for cool stuff. I wasn't finding much... first good target was the Mason Jar lid at 13 inches! Kept digging down to 16" and no jar to go with it. Darn! Next up was the 1938 wheatie. Not too far from that came the half round piece of copper/bronze... I didn't realize it until I got home but it is super sharp! I'm guessing it was used as a razor for taking the wool coat off of sheep... just a guess at this point. I started to walk the wrong way south away from the sharp razor hole, and circled back that way... good thing I did because literally one foot east of it, I got a great dime signal at 5". It was bumping up into the quarter region, and pinpointing strong. I was only running a sensitivity of 17 in manual, so that might have had something to do with the lower reading... I was going to let my dad scan it and watch me dig up a silver dime, but he was too far away to bother. Wish I had though because when I popped it out I was in shock! The rim of a half dollar was staring back at me! I went running for my Dad to pull him into the excitement. I took a couple shots with the dirt on, but my phone batteries bit the dust right after so no video! darn.

I had to know if it was a barber, WLH or what... so I dabbed a little water on it and exposed the 1918 standing liberty half! This is only my second silver half dollar, both WLH's. What a great feeling to find something so unexpected!!!! That's why I love this hobby... that and being able to share these finds with my hunting buddy ;-) Thanks Dad!

061110_1.jpg

061110_2.jpg

061110_3.jpg

061110_4.jpg

061110_5.jpg

061110_6.jpg

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
That was awesome seeing that big silver come out!
WTG Brett! :thumbsup: My offer to trade it for the fob still stands... ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Geez, you guys are killing me!
We got Pops and Son category winners, Fob and Silver category winners, HTN (Hey That's Neat) cat winners and WTF (Way Too Fun) winners!

Congrats!

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Brett getting the Walker. Having a good time hunting with your dad has got to be special. Keep on pull'in the goodies guys. DFW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread