Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this yesterday before the rain and the skeeters.

DSCN0256.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0257.JPG
    DSCN0257.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 176

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Nice Charge coin Rich!!!! Man, you find all the good stuff...

Charge coins are believed to have been first issued around 1865. At first they were made of celluloid, which is an early form of plastic. Later ones were made of copper, aluminum, steel or white metal, which is when they became known as charge coins. They came in various shapes, in sizes from a quarter to half-dollar. Not all were round; some were triangular and others had unique shapes. These credit pieces were mainly issued by department stores, and usually displayed the customer's identification number and an image connected with the merchant.

Your's is probably worth more than a silver half. The first one below is listed at $24.50

344. Hotel LaSalle, Chicago, rd, ni pl br, VF-XF lam (IL 150 C). . . . $24.50

http://www.bobslawsky.com/Sale-Fixed1.htm

Attachments

• 344.JPG
    344.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 138
  • charge-coin-hotel-lasalle.jpg
    charge-coin-hotel-lasalle.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 146
OP
OP
Dirt fishing Wolf

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for passing the info onto the post. I do fill my pouch every hunt with the canslaw,pulltabs,etc., because I go back to those places several times a year and hunt using different programs. This charge coin was found in a city park that I've hunted many times. Last week I found the 1901 quarter in that same park. Litefire56, I'm using the program you entered into my DFX on Memorial day and man am I finding more finds where I've hunted before. THANKS!! If you don't dig it you don't know what you left behind. HH DFW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread