Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a long week. . .

Last Friday my 'puter died :'(. . . the logic board and power. . . luckily, they could save all my
info on the old HD and transfer it to a spanking new computer. (what a deal $$ :tongue3:)

But on the bright side before this major set-back, I got out with Lowbatts & Mayo to the "tear-ups"
across the Fox and found a couple of goodies. . . a "no-date" SLQ (hey, it's silver :thumbsup:), a
genuine Elgin Pocket Watch face-plate (that definitely, has seen better days :wink:.) and a Shell
Presidents token.

DSC_2951.JPG

One evening last week after dinner, I hit a local park on a whim (fairly modern) for about 50-minutes
and lucked out with 3 Rosie's. . . one was solo and the other two were in the same hole about 15-feet
away. I went back there the next evening to see what else was around and was totally skunked.

DSC_2954.JPG

On Saturday, I got a call from D-Dub (Dan) (who was having "Great Success") at a SW park that
was currently being torn up (see TreasureFiend's cool video). I finally got out there on Sunday morning
and it was literally, a "free-for-all". Lowbatts, Clad the Impaler, Mr.Senior, D-Dub and Kimsdad were
out there along with three other hunters who I had never met. . . Nice folks :thumbsup:.
It was like the "gold-rush" days in '49 when word of a strike would spread like wild fire.

During the first hour, it was cool to watch fellow hunters digging up IH's, Shields, and silver 3-cent pieces
but agonizing to only be digging Memorial's and pop-tops. It had to be done though because because a lot of
good targets were literally, "on edge" which skewed a lot of your VDI signal readings.

After the second hour, I struck copper. . . my first "two-center" (1864) and my oldest IH. . . a "fat" 1860.
My last find of the day was a "modern" 1923 Merc :). It was fun. . . I met some new MD'ers and was able
to hunt with a contingent of the "Illinois bunch".

Thanks for looking!

DSC_2952.JPG

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Re: It's been a long week. . .

Still getting a thrill out of seeing so many folks pop so many "firsts" out of that ground. Yours were no exception, it was a thrill to see them come to light! Hope to make it back there in a day or two, maybe Saturday.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

those are some nice digs, congrats.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW Mark, what a nice looking 2 center!! Keep diggin up those modern Mercs, SLQ, and Rosies.
Great finds for the week. We got a new computer this week also, What an awesome week for finds
from the Illinois group WTG Guys

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That 2-Center is a something else. Congrats on a great hunt.

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac

Congratulations on an elusive coin Mark!

At what makes it real special is that sharp condition! :hello2:

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star

All great finds, Mark!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That deuce gets you a :icon_king: for sure!

When I was watching you dig it, I thought "another clad quarter" for sure. After I saw what it was, I went through all my clad quarters from that spot to see if I had actually found a 2 cent piece. No dice! ;D

Nice fatty, too!

WTG on some very nice stuff! :wink:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II

Kimsdad said:
When I was watching you dig it, I thought "another clad quarter" for sure.
And I believe you also snuck up behind him and swung your coil of over his control box as he was pinpointing. He didn't know what the hell was going on until he looked back and saw you. :icon_jokercolor:

Great finds during your long week, Mark! That 2 center sure did clean up nice. Congrats!! :thumbsup:

M

MR Senior L4S

This 2 center is a beauty , congrats for best findings sunday .

OP
OP
watercolor

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

MR Senior said:
This 2 center is a beauty , congrats for best findings sunday .

I don't think that 2-cent coin was the best find Sunday. . . but, I will gladly trade my 2-center AND my fat Indian head for that AWESOME silver 3-cent piece you found ::) (your 3-cent silver was THE find of the day :thumbsup:)

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

SWEEEET MOTHER of a TWO CENT PIECE Mark!!!! wOw!!!!

Sounds like that spot was a dream come true for a lot of you. Wish I could have been there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread