Back to the hot dirt

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Got to the over-turned park this morning and saw about 8 folks swinging coils! Becoming a coil-mecca!

The group was from the Chicago club and between them I think they scored one wheatie and found the dirt a bit hard for their liking.

Met Skates there, hello John, good to meet you! Mark and Neil put in their walkabout as well. After a while Jon and Dan stopped in to tease us for staying dry and initiated the charter NCC local chapter. Now accepting members, board members, presidents, treasurerers, etc..

Found this beehive motif thingy, any ideas? It's one inch long from loop to loop. Also found a .45 cal musketball. Still had a mold nipple on it.

Attachments

• beehive.jpg
    beehive.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 181

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The beehive thing could be a section of a piece of jewely, maybe?? Could that hard dirt be holding more goodies?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Absolutely hiding more goodies. Sure would be nice to see another stir there by the cat.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're supposed to move the dirt around again before they lay the sod down according to the workers there. Just have to be there at the right moment I guess.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was fun to get out yesterday. . . (nipple ::) or sprue, that was still a cool musket ball :thumbsup:)

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
My guess is that it is jewelry related, maybe a link in a necklace or part of some fancy decorative clasp.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Mark said nipple!! :D

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Maybe it was originally part of a hair beret or bunchy for someone with a beehive hair dew.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Two nice finds, Tim!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

For me the best part of the hunt was the cold, wet towel on the back of my neck. It's my new best friend for hot sun hunting! What a difference! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread